November 22, 2018, 03:05:50 PM Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 03:16:19 PM by Pentagrimes
Making the one List lead me to make the other, so as is traditional..here goes. By no means an exhaustive list and I'm forgetting tons of amazing shit, I'm sure I could do a seperate list for punk or hip hop on top of all this..

Stern – Missives: Sister Ships
Insecure Men – s/t
Gazelle Twin - Pastoral
Throat – Bareback
Low – Double Negative
Senyawa – Sujud
Marquis Hill – Modern Flows vol.2
Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires – Live At The Nick
Mount Eerie – Now Only
Nine Inch Nails – Bad Witch
Young Fathers – Cocoa Sugar
King Vision Ultra – Pain Of Mind
Young Echo – s/t
Erika Wennerstrom – Sweet Unknown
Ty Segall – Freedon’s Goblin
Ty Segall & White Fence – Joy
Colter Wall – Songs of the Plains
Bridget Hayden  - Pure Touch Only from Now On
Permission – Drawing Breath Through A Hole In The ground
Tropical Fuck Storm – A Laughing Death In Meat Space
Daughters – You Won’t Get What You Want
Jay Jayle –  No Trail
Hide – Castration Anxiety
Echo Beds – Buried Language
Tor Lundvall – A Dark Place
Katie Kim & The Crash Ensemble – Salt Interventions
Elizabeth Colour Wheel – Queen tired

I've only heard the NIN and Daughters out of that list but they are both great.

Ah lads. Scrap my list. Laibach just released their recording of the soundtrack to "The Sound of Music". All other music is now obsolete.

Posts like this are what I like. I'll work my way through that list for the next few months and most likely find something to make me wonder "Why the hell haven't I listened to this band before"

Pretty slow year on metal and non metal stuff but Emma Ruth Rundle's album On Dark Horses is very good.

Wouldn't listen to a lot of stuff like this but I'd say any fans of Chelsea Wolfe might dig it.

Daughters, Low and Mount Eerie would be on my list too. Lingua Ignota's re-release of All Bitches Die is probably my most listened non-metal album this year; engrossingly harrowing and original. Puce Mary's The Drought is also excellent industrial/noise.

Quote from: ldj on November 26, 2018, 03:46:17 PM
Pretty slow year on metal and non metal stuff but Emma Ruth Rundle's album On Dark Horses is very good.

Listening now, great stuff!

Good to see people finally coming round to Lingua Ignota. And that Puce Mary and Rundler are great too.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 28, 2018, 09:44:49 AM
Good to see people finally coming round to Lingua Ignota. And that Puce Mary and Rundler are great too.

Yeah I owe you one for that rec! Think she has her next album recorded too.

She's doing bits and pieces on the mainland next year two with the likes of Amen Ra and SunnO))). Fingers crossed she might land here in some capacity.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 23, 2018, 09:05:02 AM
Ah lads. Scrap my list. Laibach just released their recording of the soundtrack to "The Sound of Music". All other music is now obsolete.

You are right. I  just looked at three videos from this.

Wow.

Everybody should start with the lonely goatherd

Only got round to the new Sun Kil Moon and solo Mark Kozelek yesterday, prefer the former to the latter. I'm not really on board with Mark Kozelek's rambling monologue approach to songwriting these days but the travel diary feel to the Sun Kil Moon one works (and it's quite funny as well - the bit about reindeer in "Candles" is brilliant), makes me want to look up flights to Scandinavia !

For me it's gotta be Fight The Good Fight by Ska/Punk band The Interrupters.

forgot to mention Grouper's new release Grid of Points. Pretty similar to Ruins but that's no bad thing at all. Has less of the stripped back fragile production compared to Ruins but still has its own vibe.

#13 December 18, 2018, 12:15:44 PM Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 12:17:56 PM by Pentagrimes
Way late to this party but this Zeta lp is fantastic. Post hardcore, Latin percussion, blast beats and psych rock all in a blender. So much energy. It's like the band you wanted At The Drive In to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR41A3Qle0o

Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 28, 2018, 03:07:36 PM
She's doing bits and pieces on the mainland next year two with the likes of Amen Ra and SunnO))). Fingers crossed she might land here in some capacity.

+ 1

All bitches die is an absolute cracker.