Quote from: mazzy maz on June 18, 2019, 12:39:09 PM
Great show, had a festival vibe to it, but without the mud and crazy queues for booze. Production values were amazing as were the bands and venue. Felt like Christmas with all the Limerick people that travelled home from all over Ireland just to be at it.

Assuming it's financially viable, would love to see this become an annual event. A sellout next time might be a realistic prospect given the buzz/goodwill this one has generated. People were on cloud 9 last night.

Jaysus, all sounds even better than I'd been imagining. Would be an amazing place for a band to record a pro-shot concert, especially cut in with aerial drone shots and so on.

Some decent photos from in the crowd popping up online, a good few here if anyone is interested: https://m.facebook.com/events/1181530005352222

I hope they use this venue more, really great day overall.

As BSC said above, the venue and look to it would be great for recording with drones. The views all around when in the crowd were just great so can only imagine the views of the castle, surrounding area and crowd while the gig is in full throttle

Great news that this went well.

Not  into either band band at all but it looks like it had a great buzz about it.

Fantastic event..behemoth smashed it..no hassle getting pints or going to the jax at the venue..top class..should be a regular occurrence

Absolutely brilliant gig, loved it. Behemoth are not my cup of tea but really put on a stellar performance, Amon Amarth were fucking awesome, great interaction with the crowd and belted out 17 or 18 songs. First time in Limerick and really liked the place, plenty of pubs all within walking distance of the venue. Really hope there's going to be more gigs at the castle, perfect spot for a gig and brilliantly organized, just the right amount of bars and jacks so no big ques. Also after last week's living hell that was slane it was great to be back in a crowd of real metal heads, not a pair of pink wellies or orange lady to be seen and didn't see any trouble or dickheadery.

Wasn't at it but I looks class, hopefully more gigs are held there in the future, I'd travel from Dublin to see a gig there.

That drone footage is a great advertisement for Limerick and DME! Class.

Kinda scary though when you see 2 drones so close together, could be catastrophic for someone on the ground if they collided.

Quote from: The Butcher on June 18, 2019, 03:22:04 PM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine link=topic=369.msg8784#msg8784 6date=1560861820
Here you's go. Drone footage....

https://youtu.be/fwYHe8uvmKY

That is class.

Looks amazing. 

That was a great gig. Both bands killed it, the crowd had a great buzz about it and what a setting! Absolutely dying now though, but it was well worth it, thanks Behemarth, thanks to H and thanks to the friendly local metalheads.  :abbath:

Great spectacle last night- both bands pulled out all the stops. As many have said hopefully this isn't a once off in the castle!