https://m.soundcloud.com/iron-bonehead-productions/vitriol-swarming-segments-spirit-splinters-of-stellar-dust

Vitriol released a bizarre and raw as hell demo a few years ago which caught my attention,  moreso for being seriously oddball than being amazing,  but showed promise.  Looks like their follow up has been picked up by Iron Bonehead and the sample track sounds intriguing.  They haven't mellowed,  matured or cleaned up their act but sound a little more in control of the chaos.  Czan't wait to grab this and hear the full thing. 

File close to,  adjacent to,  upside- down from Swallowed, Beherit,  Ride for Revenge,  Chaos Echoes,  Ghoulgotha, Evil Spirit... somewhere slimey and possibly extra terrestrial...

I'm a big fan of the demo, even tried to get them to play in the wesht but they didn't have a full lineup. Will be picking this up.

I'm not sure how well it would work live as it's so creaky sounding.  It could easily wonk out completely...

This arrived today.  It looks great but one set of the lyrics are written in a circle and the other in a triangle... i might wait until someone puts them on Metal Archives before trying to follow them. 

Reminds me of Chthonic Chronicles by Bal-Sagoth where they had to make the font tiny so all the lyrics could fit in the booklet. Not the ideal way to try and read it.

The music is really intriguing.  It had its own nutty vibe but will definitely appeal to anyone who enjoyed Swallowed's album.  Trippy stuff.

#6 May 20, 2019, 09:25:33 AM Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:28:00 AM by Pentagrimes
Not sure I'm hearing the Swallowed thing but there's maybe a shared psychedelic vibe to both bands. This is quite unique. Thumbs up. Tell you what though, I got a fancy set of headphones for my birthday and they really show up how poor the production is.

Same spirit of experimentation as Swallowed but it also goes into other territories,  I think.  Nothing wrong with the production to my ear. It's lo -fi but completely appropriate for what they are doing.