I thought Ozzy actor was the worst bit.

It was the Nikki show tho, thought Mick was pretty cool, and amusing.

Didn't say anything about him trying to kill himself on the same night as Vince's crash.

I'm sure I'll watch it again tho, Mick and Tommy actors were pretty good

Quote from: Emphyrio on March 24, 2019, 11:32:30 AM
Thought the actors weren't great in the main. Apart from Doc and Tommy Lee.  Yer man as Ozzy was pretty good to. In fairness, they covered most of the important details pretty well, albeit in a Hollywood kind of way. It was always gonna be a tough movie to pull off, as unlike Bohemian Rhapsody, there was no big moment to build up to.

I enjoyed it for the most part but it was very much the Nikki Sixx story, and thought yer man had too much of a smug head on him throughout, which annoyed me.

Thought the guy playing Tommy Lee had the look and him down to a T. His section what a day on tour is like for him was great  :laugh:
Yeah when the guy playing Ozzy first comes out I honestly thought they'd gotten Ozzy for it till he got closer to the camera.

What's funny is that Nikki probably had a word on what to edit out etc and probably thought this version made him look like less of a cunt... so you can only imagine what the full story is like considering he looked like an unmerciful cunt in this regardless!

Quote"If you're looking for an enjoyable romp generally based on the history of the band then it's a fun evening movie to have a beer to."

Kind of sick of the above statement. It's wheeled out for everything. "It's a fun movie" So when do we get something with a bit of substance?

I get what you're saying, but then I'm just commenting on what it is. It's up to the filmmakers to make something with more substance. You and I can only just comment on what is actually released, and speculate on what could hypothetically be released.

As for the actors, I thought they were pretty ok. There's a doc on YouTube about them called Decade of Decadence that I checked out straight after the film though, and every Motley member to a man has wayyy more personality than the actors playing them.

Yeah when the guy playing Ozzy first comes out I honestly thought they'd gotten Ozzy for it till he got closer to the camera.
[/quote]

Genuinely thought the same thing myself--then when it showed him closer up it looked nothing like him - the accent was shite as well.

His Ozzy accent was part Brummie, part Aussie.

Vince actor was rubbish.

Really enjoyed the movie for what it was, though.

Watched it last night,i wouldnt be a fan of the band,only know a few of their well known tracks.I enjoyed it,how the fuck are they all still alive!.

https://twitter.com/machinegunkelly/status/1110658632209723392?s=19

So the guy who plays Tommy is actually well known!,check out his daily routine during filming!

Ya Machine Gun Kelly-had a very publicised "beef" with Eminem the last few years.

I was skeptical when I heard Machine Gun Kelly had been cast in this - he ended up being the best actor in the movie. Outstanding performance.

Thought it was a bit too quickly paced with important events having about five minutes screen time and then on to the next one. Suppose that's always going to happen when you need to cover 20 years in two hours

Decent enough though, apart from the fucking atrocious actor playing Vince

Was your man playing Vince that bad?,he didnt jump out at me as being particularly bad tbh.

I googled the band members after just to see what they are up to today,fuckin hell your man Mike is absolutely bait!,a real old man in a top hat! :laugh:
Some lifestyle in their prime though!,riding and getting hammered every night!

Quote from: Paul keohane on March 27, 2019, 06:05:44 PM
Was your man playing Vince that bad?,he didnt jump out at me as being particularly bad tbh.

I googled the band members after just to see what they are up to today,fuckin hell your man Mike is absolutely bait!,a real old man in a top hat! :laugh:
Some lifestyle in their prime though!,riding and getting hammered every night!
Mick Mars is one hell of a guitarist. He wasn't great looking in his heyday either though.

It was on Gogglebox on Friday night, feckin hilarious the faces of the gimps watching parts of it, especially Ozzy and the squirting!!  :laugh:

Gave it a watch there over the weekend... the acting seemed pretty poor, exceptions to the guys playing Tommy Lee and Mick Mars who managed to bring some personality. Vince Neil was fairly vomit inducing, absolute muck. The whole film was pretty fleeting and felt cheesy as fuck, but then again I suppose that's the subject material.

Also the fact that it didn't really build towards a climactic moment bothered me... the film ends by saying "And they continued to play for another 20 years". Feels like they lost interest themselves when putting the script together

Did you watch to the end of the credits for the Corabi teaser?