Eh, still not playing because it's only the 22nd of February maybe???

Quote from: blessed1 on February 20, 2019, 09:48:28 AM
thats what happens when you hate everything about metal but still come onto a metal forum nearly everyday

I can identify with him on that. It's a strange one indeed.

Funnily enough I would have more of an interest in watching this than LOC, even though I've never liked any motley crue and do like mayhem/burzum/darkthrone etc

Will this be shown in the cinema at all?
Wouldn't mind seeing it on the big screen.

Light house or IFI maybe?

#19 March 21, 2019, 01:54:39 PM Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 02:21:38 PM by Blitzer666
Out on Netflix tomorrow, get the jack Daniels at the ready.

There's a shocker, the main stream media in America aren't too pleased with the movie, with the treatment of women and drug taking.

What did they think it was gonna be about??

At least it's not sugar coated too much by sounds of things.

All in all sounds like a night in the venue in Belfast 25 years ago!!  8)

Starts off with the squirting scene, apparently, so at least  they're not holding back the filth. I dunno if the Nikki tagging in Tommy banging a wan is included. It was hilarious in the book but in this day and age, that's rape. And if that's included.....there will be uproar.

I guess I won't be watching this with herself! Thanks for the heads up as I'm not familiar with the book I'm afraid. That's tomorrow night's entertainment sorted anyway, looking forward to it.

#22 March 23, 2019, 01:23:52 AM Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 11:22:22 AM by Blitzer666
Wasn't really as graphic as I thought it was going to be. It skipped a lot of the book, such as the bullying of Vince and Mick by Nikki.
Its basically the Nikki show.
Was good enough movie tho. And the wife says Vince actor wasn't good enough looking.  :-[

Load of bollocks, really really cheesy in places. Some of the "acting" is atrocious too, pissed ourselves laughing at some of the scenes that should've been emotional.

I suppose it generally covers what's in the book but it's handled in Hollywood fashion and aimed at an audience that probably have never heard of the band.

I see they left the rape scene from the book out of the movie. Nikki is trying to say he was on drugs at the time and so stories, "may have been embellished, or even completely made up". He then doubles down by saying he was also on drugs at the time he was giving the interviews for what would become The Dirt (book). Guy is completely and utterly full of shit, always was.

As for the movie, I found it pretty enjoyable from a really shallow perspective. No depth at all, but given it's shot by the director from Jackass, he captures all of the bad behavior pretty well. Similar to Bohemian Rhapsody and Lords of Chaos, if you're looking for a documentary-specific piece of film-making then it's prob not for you. If you're looking for an enjoyable romp generally based on the history of the band then it's a fun evening movie to have a beer to.

Wait a minute, I don't know a lot about the history of the band, did they actually put out a book that incriminates them of a rape?

I thought the lad who played Vince was an atrocious actor. Worth a look if you've two hours to kill but it glossed over so much stuff - but then again I don't think any film would do justice to that book.

"If you're looking for an enjoyable romp generally based on the history of the band then it's a fun evening movie to have a beer to."

Kind of sick of the above statement. It's wheeled out for everything. "It's a fun movie" So when do we get something with a bit of substance?

Thought the actors weren't great in the main. Apart from Doc and Tommy Lee.  Yer man as Ozzy was pretty good to. In fairness, they covered most of the important details pretty well, albeit in a Hollywood kind of way. It was always gonna be a tough movie to pull off, as unlike Bohemian Rhapsody, there was no big moment to build up to.

I enjoyed it for the most part but it was very much the Nikki Sixx story, and thought yer man had too much of a smug head on him throughout, which annoyed me.