Yeah, genuinely fair play man. I think I could just about play Smoke On The Water when I was 15. Keep at it, lots of great parts in there.

Quote from: Foraoisí gan Iniúchadh on January 13, 2021, 02:51:19 PM
Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on January 13, 2021, 11:02:07 AM
Nice work! Keep digging deeper, now that school is off!
The future is in good hands. Well done....  :abbath:
every single day, even when i had school. i was always thinking of riffs in my mind, now that i can actually record whenever i want is absolutely an asset.

Seriously good job with the Foraoisí gan Iniúchadh album, great amount of creativity and potential there. Looking forward to seeing what you do in the future!

Been listening to it through Irish metal archives and its great... I can only imagine the quality off releases in the future if this rate of creativity keeps up. As said above at 15 I was still getting to grips with the riff from enter sandman!

Serious potential there. Hope he can manage a physical release soon.

Caught God Alone in Dublin one night and really enjoyed it.

https://youtu.be/u0fVuQcNQ-k

https://godalone.bandcamp.com/

After coming across this thread. Some interesting points (going back to 2018 nonetheless), as a fella in his early 20's with various bands before, I think the main thing regarding extreme bands/scene etc is most young fellas grew up in high internet culture, and have a thing where they want to fuse as many styles as possible. Power to those fellas but not exactly what I'd want to do. It's harder to find a drummer who just wants to play fast and loud (I'm lucky there though).

Another thing seems to be there's an odd 'buddy' thing going on too. No one really just going for it with uglier sounds and whatever. The mentality down here seems to be if you subscribe to the long hair/wearing black thing you're either a toxic so and so or living in the past, perhaps why you see less and less extreme or even heavy metal acts, in Cork at least. Maybe I'm talking out of my arse though.

At least there is a scene in Cork. Kilkenny died years ago. Really miss the gigs on home turf

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on February 06, 2021, 01:08:42 AM
After coming across this thread. Some interesting points (going back to 2018 nonetheless), as a fella in his early 20's with various bands before, I think the main thing regarding extreme bands/scene etc is most young fellas grew up in high internet culture, and have a thing where they want to fuse as many styles as possible. Power to those fellas but not exactly what I'd want to do. It's harder to find a drummer who just wants to play fast and loud (I'm lucky there though).

Another thing seems to be there's an odd 'buddy' thing going on too. No one really just going for it with uglier sounds and whatever. The mentality down here seems to be if you subscribe to the long hair/wearing black thing you're either a toxic so and so or living in the past, perhaps why you see less and less extreme or even heavy metal acts, in Cork at least. Maybe I'm talking out of my arse though.

I think it ebbs and flows. I don't think anyone has any real disdain for that tbh, it just may not be resonating with a critical mass of people at the moment. There's just not a whole lot of people in it in total, and the more extreme stuff is always, by its nature, more niche

Also just coming across this thread.
It's definitely an obsession. There's always a stream of music swimming about in my head - it's just finding the time to reach out and grasp some of that stream and channel it into a song. So I'm always writing new riffs and recording songs. I have 3 different projects on the go, so potentially 3 recordings coming soon. I'm in my mid 40s now, and don't see an end in site.

Also, I've come to realise that distorted guitar is a sonic drug, one that I need to mainline on a regular basis. And that metal is not actually a genre of music at all. It's ALL music types with a layer of distortion added.

#235 February 19, 2021, 08:18:19 PM Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 11:30:31 AM by jobrok1
So about this time last year, I posted on here about getting a few tape copies of Fuil na Seanchoille's "The Crossing" tapes.
I wanted to get a couple other bits from him and thought it made sense as the postage cost was ridiculous.

Anyway!
I put in the order last April or so. And with Covid really kicking in at the time was expecting some delays. Eventually I just gave up on it and put it down as a Covid casualty.
But low and behold... about 10 months later...
THEY HAVE ARRIVED!!!  :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

Now I just need to remember who said they wanted one   ;D ;D ;D
If anyone wants one, hit me up!

Quote from: hellfire on January 15, 2021, 05:20:10 PM
Serious potential there. Hope he can manage a physical release soon.

I have some cassettes that just released if you want to take a look!
Foraoisí gan Iniúchadh

First release at 15 and it not being shit is impressive stuff. Keep it up.

Quote from: open face surgery on March 09, 2021, 05:50:56 PM
First release at 15 and it not being shit is impressive stuff. Keep it up.
Not being shit? It's fucking amazing lad...  :abbath:
Hopefully gets a CD or vinyl release at some stage.