Checked this out last night, despite not being much of a Sodom fan at all. (Needed something to reset my eyes after that poxy Morbid Angel  - Tales of the Sick doc, such fucking shite.)
All in German with subtitles, great access to all the important former members and they give plenty of time to the early days of the band and the constant line up changes. Its over 3 hours long and apparently that's only part 1. That's cool, I'd watch 10 hours of this stuff.
Only about 70% of the way through it now, its fascinating, well shot, great concert footage and loads of instances of Tom Angelripper and Chris Witchhunter just being miserable bastards leading to numerous line up changes. Any fans of it on here?

Here's the link if its allowed -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVQm4rwpOAI

Haven't seen it but it's on my watch list now, nice one.

Nice one cheers. Just watched the first hour.

Early Sodom all the way for me. In The Sign... one of the pinnacles of metal, warts n all playing and production. They start to go downhill on Persecution Mania and it's years since I listened to Agent Orange which never did a lot for me.

Great to get an insight into those chaotic early years and one of the first black metal bands formation

'Tapping the Vein' is a superb album also, problem I've always had with Sodom is that they have so many albums! Have not heard them all but love 'Persecution Mania' and 'Agent Orange'.

It covers the band to 1995. There is a part 2 but I cant find it anywhere, except the live performances under that name.
If any one can locate it please let me know, really wanna continue the story.

The stuff with Die Artze was pretty interesting too, they really did whatever the fuck they felt like. I suppose with that many albums and line up changes, mad directional shifts are to be expected, that Onkel Tom stuff is beyond woeful though

Absolutely on a metal documentary rabbit hole at the moment, just rewatched the 3 hour Cannibal Corpse one too last night, fucking great

Quote from: leatherface on February 01, 2019, 11:40:26 PM
'Tapping the Vein' is a superb album also, problem I've always had with Sodom is that they have so many albums! Have not heard them all but love 'Persecution Mania' and 'Agent Orange'.

Yep, I've no idea what to listen to after the doc, perhaps the really early stuff, Persecution Mania and Agent Orange.

Quote from: Angel of Debt on February 02, 2019, 06:57:53 PM
Quote from: leatherface on February 01, 2019, 11:40:26 PM

Yep, I've no idea what to listen to after the doc, perhaps the really early stuff, Persecution Mania and Agent Orange.

Agent Orange is great, particularly 'Ausgebompt' and 'Remember The Fallen'.

I've gone down the Sodom rabbit hole again myself.

Listened to Persecution Mania, Agent Orange and Better Off Dead a lot way back then. Tapped out after Better Off Dead due to a sudden descent into death metal.
Saw them in Temple Bar Music Centre yonks back. Entertaining night.

But the sheer slew of albums means I have missed out on loads.

Threw on Code Red and M-16 which I used to listen to at some stage and am enjoying them a lot.
Any of the later ones recommended or to be avoided at all costs.
Tapping the Vein and Get What you Deserve have been mentioned somewhere as worth having a listen off so I'll head there next I suppose.

I love Everything up to Tapping The Vein. From Get What You Deserve onwards the punk influence came out a lot more and the songwriting took a dip.
Code Red was a come back to form a lot and they have been kind of reliably samey ever since. Never bad but none of the staying power of the older stuff. The last one Decision Day was pretty good.
The new ep Partisan sounds like a return to the Agent Orange style. Frank Blackfire is even back on board so the next album should be interesting.