So after  spending 18 months in prison for abuse and neglect of a vulnerable person (beating up his mother) Bobby is now out and  back with Pentagram ready to tour the US. 

Youd have to wonder why the band would even continue with such a liability. 

I  love the old demos  & enjoyed them anytime ive caught them live, but how this guy is even still breathing is a miracle, also everything his parents done for him emotionally and financially,  to turn around and beat his own mother :(

I think you have to factor in decades of hard drug abuse and no doubt severe mental disorders resulting as a consequence. It was a very scumbaggy thing to do but probably done by somebody either so far out of his mind on drugs or suffering from severe withdrawals that his self control was entirely absent.  He's a tragic figure and it is absolutely miraculous that he is still alive and kicking (and punching). I hope I manage to catch Pentagram live before he ODs.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 31, 2019, 10:32:34 AM
I think you have to factor in decades of hard drug abuse and no doubt severe mental disorders resulting as a consequence. It was a very scumbaggy thing to do but probably done by somebody either so far out of his mind on drugs or suffering from severe withdrawals that his self control was entirely absent.  He's a tragic figure and it is absolutely miraculous that he is still alive and kicking (and punching). I hope I manage to catch Pentagram live before he ODs.

Tragic figure no doubt , he did seem like a likable guy in that documentary last days here  during his rare sober bouts.  last time i saw them the heaviness was unreal, every note and beat when through me like a hot knife to butter.

It's another "great band, awful person" dilemma innit? They were fucking unreal here a few years back, but yeah..the "but he's a junkie" excuse doesn't work for the Nachtmystium guy so I'm not sure I'd give him a free pass. It doesn't change how I feel about the tunes though.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on January 31, 2019, 10:47:55 AM
It's another "great band, awful person" dilemma innit? They were fucking unreal here a few years back, but yeah..the "but he's a junkie" excuse doesn't work for the Nachtmystium guy so I'm not sure I'd give him a free pass. It doesn't change how I feel about the tunes though.

Its all about separation from artist and music though, also i still love Nachtmystium  ;)

So imo whether its junkies ripping off fans, murder, church burnings etc etc i can still enjoy the music. there are personal exceptions, where I draw the line for example i cant listen to Inquisition since the Revelations last year. i guess this tread is going in the same direction as the Dissection one   :laugh:

I must give their last album a listen see if its any use!

Good point about Blake Judd. His scamming was cold and calculated, though.  I wonder if Leibling's assault was a more impulsive response to withdrawal or baying off his tits? Dunno,  to be honest.

I had 'Wartime' on today and the Bobby Liebling fiasco popped into my head. To be honest I know hes a complete scumbag but the music still rules. Didnt stop me listening to the rest of the album.

Dont know if Id go see them again as the 2009 gig is such a perfect memory, would hate to see them turn up only for Liebling to shit himself on stage or something.

10 years already..wow. How old is Bobby Liebling now?He was close on 60 at that stage..

Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 01, 2019, 09:19:20 AM
10 years already..wow. How old is Bobby Liebling now?He was close on 60 at that stage..
He looks a lot more. Is he still with that fit blonde chick?