Great cover of a Manowar classic. Gloves of Metal rule tonight!

Quote from: Western Viking on September 25, 2024, 10:16:35 AMSepulturas cover of The Hunt and Crowbar covering No Quarter were always favourites of mine.
Two of my favourites.
Soundgarden's version of The Beatles Come Together and The Dillinger Escape Plan with Mike Patton covering Aphex Twins Come to Daddy has to be up there as well. Ministry's cover album is probably one of the most fun albums going too.

Skyclad are indeed shite, and that cover is particularly awful. Mastodon's version, however, is damn good:

I'd forgotten about this Minsk cover of eyehategod.
I'd also forgotten that Minsk were fucking brilliant.

Quote from: Carnage on September 25, 2024, 01:31:33 PMSkyclad are indeed shite, and that cover is particularly awful. Mastodon's version, however, is damn good:

That's an infinitely better version.

#23 September 25, 2024, 03:17:47 PM Last Edit: September 25, 2024, 03:49:34 PM by Mr Barlow
Trouble - Tales of Brave Ulysses

A cover of the Cream song on Psalm 9

https://youtu.be/jhBZTIdLJVI?si=VEbMUeMl6zyo25Y2

Haven't listened to that Mastodon cover in years, and it's just struck me now that funnily enough the vocal sounds almost identical in places to yer man from Dead Lord, who ostensibly also tries to imitate Phil all the time.

Outside the quality stuff already mentioned (Realm in particular, just a jaw-dropping cover, maybe the best ever), I'll add Yob's relatively recent, bong-alicious cover of Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3NinUL9FJ8

A few obvious ones I suppose but I like them anyway:

(There was a sound board recording of this but it is gone off YouTube, downer)

Quote from: open face surgery on September 25, 2024, 11:09:35 AMI haven't heard the Skyclad version but that's a fuckin retarded statement  :laugh:

Nah,.I prefer Walkyier snarling out the vocals
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I never liked Fear Factory's version of Dog Day Sunrise. It's the weakest track on Demanufature.

Cave In playing Townes Van Zandt, fucking class. Not sure exactly how strictly "metal" it is, but it's quality and the first one that came to mind.

They also did a more faithful (i.e acoustic, folk, not metal at all) rendition of another song of his, for any fans, it's great

Thou do a lot of covers (saw them do an entire set of Black Sabbath songs at Roadburn a few years back), this one with Emma Ruth Rundle doing a Cranberries song is unreal. Super heavy. Definitely one of my favourite covers.

Look, I got it least a third right, yeah?