"Blood Incantation announce new album 'Absolute Elsewhere,' ft. mems of Tangerine Dream
Blood Incantation have finally announced their long-awaited new album, Absolute Elsewhere, their first proper album since 2019's Hidden History of the Human Race, which also follows 2023's two-song single Luminescent Bridge, 2022's ambient release Timewave Zero, and this year's Spectral Voice album Sparagmos (a band featuring 3/4 of Blood Incantation). The album was named after Absolute Elsewhere, the short-lived '70s prog band featuring King Crimson percussionist Bill Bruford, and vocalist/guitarist Paul Riedl calls it "our most potent audial extract/musical trip yet; like the soundtrack to a Herzog-style Sci-Fi epic about the history of/battle for human consciousness itself, via a 70s Prog album played by a 90s Death Metal band from the future."

The album is broken up into two lengthy tracks, "The Stargate" and "The Message," both of which clock in at over 20 minutes. It was produced by Arthur Rizk, and it features synths, Mellotron, and programming from Tangerine Dream's Thorsten Quaeschning on "The Stargate [Tablet II]"," synths/keys, piano, and Mellotron from Hällas' Nicklas Malmqvist on the full album, and guest vocals by Malte Gericke (Sijjin/ex-Necros Christos) in his native tongue. It also features contemporary paintings by veteran sci-fi artist Steve R. Dodd.

The album comes out October 4 via Century Media, and while they haven't released any music from it or launched pre-orders yet, they did launch Stargate Research Society, a discord and app for Blood Incantation discussions. The announcement reads, "Researchers at the society recently unearthed an 80's era floppy disk containing vintage celestial tracker software. The researchers were able to re-activate the space tracker and through meticulous study of the visible solar system have noticed the appearance of a new red planet in the vicinity of Orion's Belt. The researchers also claim that the new planet is intermittently emitting signals, although no recordings of these transmissions have been captured yet. The society has made their research available to the public in an effort to warn citizens of the planet's rapid approach toward Earth, with a possible collision occurring in October 2024."

The band also have tour dates being announced "soon," so stay tuned for that.

Blood Incantation Absolute Elsewhere
Tracklist
1. The Stargate (20:20)
2. The Message (23:23)

I will welcome our new alien overlords with open arms!  :laugh:

Have listened to a lot of Tangerine Dream in the past, so am intrigued by the sound of this.

Album of the year for me as they can do no wrong. Absolutely brilliant band.

Quote from: Anvil on June 27, 2024, 07:44:21 AMI will welcome our new alien overlords with open arms!  :laugh:

Have listened to a lot of Tangerine Dream in the past, so am intrigued by the sound of this.

Paul Riedl's solo synth stuff is worth checking out too.

Tangerine Dream ???

Lovely, looking forward to this. The blurb makes it sound like there's been a certain logic to them releasing wildly varying stuff recently, notably Timewave Zero, preparing the ears and minds of their fans for the great blending to come..? Dusting off the bong as I type anyway  :laugh:

History of the human race is stellar, if not interstellar

Really looking forward to this.

Also, Arthur Rizk has some CV for production work, aside from also being in Eternal Champion/Sumerlands.

Quote from: Sworntothecans on June 27, 2024, 10:53:29 AM
Quote from: Anvil on June 27, 2024, 07:44:21 AMI will welcome our new alien overlords with open arms!  :laugh:

Paul Riedl's solo synth stuff is worth checking out too.

Yeah his ambient stuff is mint.

This sounds potentially amazing. I'd say Starspawn and Hidden History are two of my most played albums of the last decade.

Roll on October.

I'm sceptical!
Ambient stuff holds zero sway with me.
If they can get the mix right, then great.
But I'll wait to reserve judgement or praise.

If it's a fraction as good as the Luminescent Bridge ep was we're in for a right treat.

Looking forward to this, I've liked everything they've put out so far.

Riedl has krautrock written all over him, I'd assume Timewave Zero is mostly his work.

I'd imagine he would've released it as a solo album had it been mostly him. The others are mad into all that stuff as well.

They've released a gas little app where you can navigate constellations to hear "transmissions", the little snippet I heard sounds heavy as all fuck so I reckon it'll be a real nice combination of the heavy and ambient stuff https://stargateresearchsociety.app/

Quote from: GetEvilAllTheTime on June 27, 2024, 09:06:23 PMThey've released a gas little app where you can navigate constellations to hear "transmissions", the little snippet I heard sounds heavy as all fuck so I reckon it'll be a real nice combination of the heavy and ambient stuff https://stargateresearchsociety.app/

The lads don't fuck around with committing to the bit do they?😂