Spent a few evenings listening to the new dodheimsgard immediately followed by king crimson red. although on paper they are completely different styles they work together very well.

Any other albums that work together well unexpectedly?

I had a C90, back in the day, with Trouble s/t on one side and Masters of Reality s/t/Blue Garden on the other and never grew tired of that moment to flip over and play the other side. They really go together well.

I always thought the absurd greasy spoon glam of Wrathchild's 'Stakk Attack' was a perfect companion to Charged GBH 'City Baby's Revenge'. Especially the song 'Stakk Attack' which is essentially a hardcore punk song anyway. 

Screaming for vengeance and Defenders are basically a double album

Edit: nevermind, that's not unexpected

I'll frequently lash on John Coltrane's "Giant Steps" after Cynic's "Focus", or Fred Thordendal's "Sol Niger Within" usually puts me in the mood for Allan Holdsworth's "Atavachron".

Neurosis-times of grace can be played at the same time as Tribes of Neurot- Grace

When I was in college I had 2 CD's on regular rotation in the discman (yes, I'm old as fuck.) - Psalm 69 by Ministry and Emperor's In The Nightside Eclipse.

Anytime I listen to either album I get the urge to throw on the other after. Not sure if it's the ideal pairing but it sounds good to my ears.

Quote from: Rosco on June 13, 2024, 09:20:16 AMNeurosis-times of grace can be played at the same time as Tribes of Neurot- Grace

Yeah, but don't. Grace is unlistenable, and TOG wasn't the best wither.

Times of Grace is their masterpiece. I never listened to Grace.

A huge step down for me, in terms of the songs and Albini draining them of all life. They were good live on that tour, but not great, Through Silver... and that live show pissed on the TOG cycle.

Quote from: Wilbur Whateley on June 13, 2024, 11:32:09 AMWhen I was in college I had 2 CD's on regular rotation in the discman (yes, I'm old as fuck.) - Psalm 69 by Ministry and Emperor's In The Nightside Eclipse.

Anytime I listen to either album I get the urge to throw on the other after. Not sure if it's the ideal pairing but it sounds good to my ears.

Christ the discman, the most useless piece of technology ever conceived. Ya couldn't even use it on the bus with any comfort without it skipping, If ya didn't keep it away from your chest your heartbeat would set the cunt off skipping, used to drive me nuts when I was trying to rock out to Rose Tattoo - Rock'n'Roll Outlaws followed by AC/DC - Powerage.

I still have one in a drawer, I had one long into the iPod age. Ut was a flash one to be fair, anti-skip and all that, paid it off weekly. Had that in one inside pocket of the denim jacket and an 8 disc wallet in the other. Mad looking back now, I have hundreds of albums on my phone.

Still have two of them.
Used one regularly for nearly two years when my CD player on the stereo system packed in a few years ago.
Hooked it up to the stereo as a 'temporary measure'... Two and a bit years later I finally got a new CD separate.  ;D

I remember long journeys on the bus to college praying that the cunting contraption would play whatever CD I had with me. A mate burned some Zeppelin albums for me and they played no bother, but the fucking thing refused to play Under a Funeral Moon!

It had good taste so.  ;)

Quote from: jobrok1 on June 13, 2024, 12:53:46 PMStill have two of them.
Used one regularly for nearly two years when my CD player on the stereo system packed in a few years ago.
Hooked it up to the stereo as a 'temporary measure'... Two and a bit years later I finally got a new CD separate.  ;D

I had the same set up for years, until I finally got a 'new' stereo last year. This one has a 3 disc changer, I don't know myself.