https://blabbermouth.net/news/my-dying-bride-a-profound-sense-of-discontent-among-the-bandmembers-led-to-concert-cancelations

Timing is weird given the new record only dropped (Haven't even had a chance to pick it up yet). Also, they're pissy with Maryland Deathfest etc for getting jittery but the lads have a festival to run and by the sounds of it were met with silence until recently. The MDB statement is arrogant in that they expected festival organisers to wait and be patient until they sort out whatever petty drama is going on internally.

The statement blames their booking agent etc "professional people" for the mishap.

Yeah, Andrew was was interviewed last week and specifically referenced the fest.

QuoteBut we're in talks with everybody who has the facts, and we will be putting out a statement, basically, that either will explain or at least calm people down as to what's going on.

QuoteMaryland Deathfest, firstly, shouldn't have said that, and they know that and have since apologized — well, privately apologized

I think in fairness to Maryland it is only about a month away.

As I say, just seems odd given how seasoned the band are and the record came out Friday.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on April 22, 2024, 10:55:08 AMYeah, Andrew was was interviewed last week and specifically referenced the fest.

QuoteBut we're in talks with everybody who has the facts, and we will be putting out a statement, basically, that either will explain or at least calm people down as to what's going on.

QuoteMaryland Deathfest, firstly, shouldn't have said that, and they know that and have since apologized — well, privately apologized

I think in fairness to Maryland it is only about a month away.

As I say, just seems odd given how seasoned the band are and the record came out Friday.

Did I read somewhere that a daughter of one of the band members has cancer?

#4 April 22, 2024, 04:55:01 PM Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 04:59:42 PM by Carnage
I think that was Stainthorpe, a couple of years ago. Not sure how it was resloved, if at all.

Edit: a few years ago now, she survived it:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/my-dying-bride-singer-opens-up-about-5-year-old-daughters-cancer-diagnosis

New album is actually ok, gets better with every listen.