Very simple: Post one song you think has vocal wails to beat a previously posted one [quote the post in case things start overlapping].

Not saying I don't have other things up my sleeve, but I'll start with Crimson Glory - Red Sharks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYXimhNnJEQ

Not sure how anyone's gonna top Midnight:laugh:

It was the premise of the thread after all  :laugh:  Personally, overall, I don't think Midnight can be beat. But I think there may be individual tracks out there with a vocal performance that beats his on any given individual CG track. Let's see  :abbath:

#3 April 10, 2024, 03:52:46 PM Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 03:54:28 PM by The Butcher
You set the bar at possibly the highest it can go  :laugh:

#4 April 10, 2024, 03:53:02 PM Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 03:57:36 PM by The Wretch
For full power belting, and mixed voice I'll still take prime era Tate.

Also, while this is about vocal wails, if we are talking overall range, Tate has him beat in the lower registers as far as tonal quality and resonance IMO, e.g. Silent Lucidity. 

Not sure I could argue on pure wail count like...

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 10, 2024, 03:29:09 PMVery simple: Post one song you think has vocal wails to beat a previously posted one
Quote.

Not saying I don't have other things up my sleeve, but I'll start with Crimson Glory - Red Sharks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYXimhNnJEQ

The bould Rob might not outwail Midnight, but he gives him a good run for his money!

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 10, 2024, 03:47:35 PMIt was the premise of the thread after all  :laugh:  Personally, overall, I don't think Midnight can be beat. But I think there may be individual tracks out there with a vocal performance that beats his on any given individual CG track. Let's see  :abbath:

You scamp :abbath:

Yeah I'm hard pressed to think of anyone off the top of my head to better Midnight, would have to trawl the collection for ideas!

Would put Mike Howe up near the top at least.

He's not in the same league as Midnight or Tate in terms of overall ability, but I remember the first time I heard John Cyriis hit the high notes in 'Agents Of Steel' I almost shit a brick, and then laughed for about half an hour.

Let's not forget Steve Grimmett.

That last note in 'See You In Hell' is fucking inhuman.

Dunno how I forgot about my favourite metal vocalist, namely Warrel Dane. Some of the notes he hits are crazy. That "another death is tasted" he hits around 4:40 is fucking amazing.

Quote from: Xworx on April 10, 2024, 03:57:14 PMThe bould Rob might not outwail Midnight, but he gives him a good run for his money!

To be fair, for that ring wraith shriek, Halford takes some beating

Quote from: Ducky on April 10, 2024, 04:56:43 PMDunno how I forgot about my favourite metal vocalist, namely Warrel Dane.

His vocals on the first Sanctuary album were astonishing.

#13 April 10, 2024, 05:24:47 PM Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 05:30:13 PM by The Wretch
Anyone remember Thomas Rettke? That guy could fucking wail.

Quote from: The Wretch on April 10, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Quote from: Ducky on April 10, 2024, 04:56:43 PMDunno how I forgot about my favourite metal vocalist, namely Warrel Dane.

His vocals on the first Sanctuary album were astonishing.

Of course! I think he exercises his full range a bit more liberally with Sanctuary, but still unbelievable all round. Dude just sounded I dunno, sophisticated or something with those vocals.