Quote from: Bürggermeister on February 21, 2024, 09:38:15 AM😂 Forever known as getting CT'd

:laugh:

If AI gets me another Necrophagist or Control Denied album I'm in though.

Quote from: John Kimble on February 26, 2024, 10:02:44 AMhttps://metalinjection.net/news/pestilence-defends-their-ai-album-cover-is-wrong?fbclid=IwAR1Gq05TIxI96E3v239c6g83bZ-XoLFRtXtvFtSJlDB2PmBAxcCLhkaWsFw

On a related note. I don't have any particularly strong feelings about the artwork either way, it's nothing amazing but certainly there has been worse stuff over the years. In particular I'm thinking of the late 90's emergence of that Dave McKean style of artwork which seemed to be everywhere at the time.

Pestilence released a track from this and the artwork issue will be the least of their worries. The production is shockingly bad.
Sounds like a demo with a drum machine.

Mamelli will no doubt tell everyone they are wrong.

#32 March 15, 2024, 11:33:08 AM Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 11:46:21 AM by Eoin McLove
That new GNR. Hard to say which is harder on the brain cells- the video or the music.

The new HOF song is great though. Not into that video, but hell of a dittie.

There's a studio version of the High on Fire song with them jamming it out. It is ferocious. The riffs are brilliant but the vocal delivery is eye popping in its intensity. Animal.

Just watched that, it's class alright (the AI video isn't). I might give the new album a go, I lost interest in them a couple of albums back.

Pike does not look well at all though. Well lived in for a man of 51.

Just watching the new Nocturnus AD video which is an AI job and it's horrendous. cool tune though.

Yeah, As usual I ended up wishing I never watched it and just checked out the song
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

It's a shit cover but he's spot on saying nobody gave a fuck when Napster came along and everybody thought it was grand to steal music. What goes around comes around, art cunts! Ah look, even now, nobody gives a fuck when samples are used to replace the real sound of drums, when the drums have been quantised or even the many albums where there the human drummer has been programmed out of it, discreetly, of course. Nobody gives a fuck if the horn section and orchestra came out of a Casio. It'll become normalised very quickly. The whining, particularly the three linked in that article, comes across as something people feel they ought to be upset about. As the quality improves, and it will do that very quickly, soon most people won't even notice, just like the pretend drumming on so much music, and it'll cease to be an issue. If a photo which has been digitally manipulated by some lad any more or less authentic than one which was created by AI? Neither represents the truth, surely? When you can no longer tell whether it's human or not, will it make a difference what the origin is or will it just go back to being a matter of the content being good or bad?

Computer programmer Benton is hard to visualise, all the same 😂

It'll become part of the norm, especially for pop music.

Auto tune was slammed when it was first used. Then they all just leaned into it and stopped even trying to hide it.

There is no useful comparison to be drawn between Napster and where AI generated art is going. No more than there is any useful comparison to be drawn between photocopying technology and where AI generated art is going.

I think he was suggesting the "taking away our income" crowd didn't mind getting their music for free. Nobody spoke up for musicians at the time, quite the opposite and, if I interpret what he's saying correctly, he's suggesting they can go fuck themselves now that their income in under threat.

Sure, immediately concerned parties are currently focused on their income being taken away, and that's understandable. But the deeper threat, which Napster and photocopying/taping/etc., never posed, is imo the actual creative activity itself being taken away or at least massively reduced across society as a whole. What we're looking at is more like the shift brought about by the advent of recorded music itself; prior to that, if you wanted music somewhere, you needed performers and so live music was much more prevalent in society. Napster had no impact on this dimension of things; it took away some recording income but also opened up audiences for smaller performers and had no negative impact (that I know of) on sizes of live audiences paying out to see live performances.