Was that his downfall? I half remember reading years ago that they all hated him but not 100% on it.

I think the gist of it was he was of the "we're rock stars, fuck yeah" persuasion, and clashed heads with the rest of them as they were having none of it. And he didn't agree with their Ticketmaster stance.

He didn't get on with Vedder or Ament in particular, plus Vedder didn't like his playing style.

it seems his ticketmaster stance and their's has somewhat aligned wha?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Well at least they had some teeth back then. They're twee as shite now.

Marley Park is a horrendous venue and they'll definitely bring out Glen Hansard to ruin a Pogues song or some other Oirish cover.

Paddy Casey supported them in the Point in 2006... I'd take him again over Hansard (not that I'm going to this).

I'm not a PJ fan but I thought they'd have more self-respect than to make a record with that Andrew Watt guy, Ozzy will do anything to stay relevant but Pearl Jam making a record with the Post Malone guy is embarrassing.

#37 February 23, 2024, 05:08:00 PM Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 08:34:08 PM by Megalodon
Quote from: ldj on February 21, 2024, 10:57:46 PMI'm not a PJ fan but I thought they'd have more self-respect than to make a record with that Andrew Watt guy, Ozzy will do anything to stay relevant but Pearl Jam making a record with the Post Malone guy is embarrassing.

Think he was actually part of the no name ensemble Eddie had as his touring band charging €100 for a few years ago here. Lad wasn't even born when Ten came out  :laugh:

They were some chancers with that verified fan crap, over-estimated their own greed.

Having flung a chunk of their fans to make believe waitlists within 3 hours of on sale clearly not getting the desired draw they just opened up to general sale.

All this registration and pre-sale bullshit is such a waste of everyone's time.

Quote from: Pain Medicine on February 23, 2024, 06:10:05 PMAll this registration and pre-sale bullshit is such a waste of everyone's time.

But it's to stop the touts :-\ - overlooking the fact that TM is probably the most unscrupulous tout of the lot.

Quote from: Pain Medicine on February 23, 2024, 06:10:05 PMAll this registration and pre-sale bullshit is such a waste of everyone's time.

Yeah even if I didn't feel like a cash teat for these cunts to be milked dry and was okay with paying the asking price, I couldn't be arsed jumping through all the hoops.

Quote from: open face surgery on February 14, 2024, 06:47:41 PMDon't like PJ but Dave Abruzezee was/is an unbelievable rock drummer.

He's a beast on the kit. His performance on the unplugged gig was spectacular.

Another new track gone up....

https://youtu.be/H7UrYoOhCMA

Pretty uninspired as you can imagine. They've become obsessed with throwaway three chord punk/garage rock garbage, sounds like anything they released off Gigaton, Lightning Bolt etc etc

They've been saying that this tour will feature a shorter set and "something different". New album in full? Sounds dreadful either way.

Shit song. Dark Matter was shit too.