I'd have to agree with the above. This forum is a great source of new music especially with people starting new threads about a band and the now listening section.

I used to buy Metal Hammer and Terrorizer all the time. MH went to absolute shit and Terrorizer became hit and miss.
I wonder how many people still buy them.

Terrorizer is gone years i think!,was an amazing mag for a long time!.

This place is mighty for recommendations and discussion alright. Before thqt, MI and Terrorizer forums were good, I picked up a lot based on recommendations on the Damnation forum too, unexpectedly.

MI was mighty, got me through a very boring jobless 6 months during the recession. The amount of bands I got into because of the forum was nuts. How much was CT looking for? Met him once, odd lad and yes twas the BBC he was with.

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on January 23, 2024, 03:53:44 PM
Quote from: The Butcher on January 23, 2024, 02:04:25 PMunless AI bots cleverly flood this type of place too

Like DJ Sniffles?

:laugh: the first versions of these yokes are always questionable. Honestly I'd take them over the dreaded facebook braindead groups of 'What's your favourite Slayer song??' / 'Crash Test Dummies are NOT one hit wonders' / 'Gun - Word Up is a modern cover classic' 'Show us your metal t-shirts + fingers crossed for bOObs' etc etc

Sorry lads, don't want to see any of yizzers boobs.

Regardless of the wider implications, delighted to see Pitchfork go. Incredibly smug, insincere music journalism. Mind you though, they do get credit for that very entertaining Greta Van Fleet review a few years back.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/greta-van-fleet-anthem-of-the-peaceful-army/

I've always enjoyed flicking through the Pitchfork reviews page clicking on names that seem familiar, names I find intriguing or just cool artwork. Was rare enough I'd read the full review but I'd often check out the music. Always found it enjoyable and there's less and less sites to do that on nowadays, as everyone mentioned.

This place will do for me for the most part. Don't find myself reading much reviews outside of allmusic ones to see what's the general buzz with things. Other than that it's word of mouth, but saying that it's a bit of a downer to see the death of the music press

The thing I missed most from MI was the hangover page - think that's what it was called? Some of the stories there were legendary

Quote from: Bogmetaller on January 23, 2024, 05:30:30 PMThe thing I missed most from MI was the hangover page - think that's what it was called? Some of the stories there were legendary

Say no more.

Yeah the hangover threads are great. Was only talking about my nightmarish post Ministry one to a buddy recently, who remembered a few equally heinous ones, how some of us are still alive is baffling. The reviews were great on MI, some of the local bands having meltdowns over the shadowy elitist cabal was gas.

MI as a desert for a few years before CT pulled the plug. It was grim. Everyone seemed to have dropped off in favor of Facebook etc and there was barely a stir of activity on the forum for two or three years if I remember correctly. Luckily I had the NWN forum which was invaluable a good me through that online drought. NWN caved a few years ago too but, much like Metal Warfare, someone stepped in and started up Revelation of Doom, so both of those voids have been filled. It's encouraging to see this forum cool w roaring back in the past year or two but it's mostly old farts so what kind of life span will it have we'll wait and find out.

It's a shame to see that ZT magazine appears to have gone even though I haven't bought it since moving away. It would be nice to see paper mags make a return.