#240 May 10, 2024, 01:47:55 PM Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 01:51:40 PM by 101_North
New Arab Strap album "I'm totally fine with it 👍 don't give a fuck anymore 👍" has been getting spins today. Massive fan and this is superb as expected!

https://youtu.be/OMagU2Ztol4

Chorus of that reminds me of Vowws. Not bad tbf although I'm not in love with his accent on the verses. Don't think I've even heard of them before

Only got into Arab Strap on the last album. Great stuff. Will get on the new one.

#243 May 10, 2024, 07:52:29 PM Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 07:58:35 PM by pete
Quote from: astfgyl on May 10, 2024, 04:14:17 PMChorus of that reminds me of Vowws. Not bad tbf although I'm not in love with his accent on the verses. Don't think I've even heard of them before

Ah you should give them a chance, great live too with a full band.
Although the accent is obviously all over their stuff :)

You ever hear this over the years

The last album is great too

Liking this new one from Toby Kaar

Milch - Brot
Malahide Man - Caught with Ketamine
Merzbow / John Parr - Man in Motion
Shit Buzz - Poppers

#246 May 11, 2024, 11:00:18 AM Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 11:26:17 AM by Eoin McLove
I've been familiar with the name Arab Strap for twenty odd years but never heard a note of them until just now. Fable of the Urban Fox sounds unreal. Is all their stuff like that?

Strawberry Moon is cool too. Deadly video. It reminds me of Bad Taste! I like the accent by the way.

Just listened to Sleeper. Man, I need to do a dice into their stuff. It's great. Nice and dark, not at all what I would have expected.

#247 May 11, 2024, 12:05:47 PM Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 12:35:16 PM by 101_North
The latest album and the new one are musically a little different than their previous stuff but both dark and twisted as you'd expect from Arab Strap. I'd start with the latest 2 albums and work backwards from there. So much great music.

I wasn't a fan until a few years ago when I heard this and have been hooked ever since!

https://youtu.be/f4CN6sxDvr0

I can already feel an obsession growing  :laugh:

I'm on it as well but I'm struggling with the accent. Then again I suffer with accents in general I'm thinking lily Allen, The Streets, Damien dempsey etc and what was that band we were complaining about on here with the dub accent as well saying he was appropriating the working class and all that...

Still it's interesting I feel like there'll be some gems in there so I'll dig on

My mate that's into them also recommended Baxter Dury at the same time but I don't remember much about him. Will have to revisit.

A chip off the old rhythm stick, so to speak.