Surgical Steel was better than the previous 2 albums but it is still dog shit compared to the first 3 Carcass albums and more of the band selling out.

One band that has returned to form is Nocturnus. The Nocturnus AD album was great and it sounds like what you would have expected to come out right after The Key. I know it is not exactly a return to form since the band history is more complicated than that and Mike wasn't involved with any of the shitty releases the band had. Even After Death was great. A new Nocturnus AD album is due to be released this year.

Quote from: Paul keohane on January 20, 2024, 11:59:25 AM
Quote from: Carnage on January 19, 2024, 11:37:49 PMDukes was their best (well, least shit anyway) singer, not that that's much of a high bar.
I cant say I was ever a huge Exodus fan,but there was some weird obsession (negative) with the this guy by a certain section of fans.He seemed to be hated? (Or am i overplaying it)

Yeah Dukes seems to be hated. No more than yourself I'm not a huge fan of them, but thought he was grand in his role.

Never understood the dislike of Zetro though, he sounds like Bon Scott with added piss and vinegar.

Baloff should never have been allowed near a microphone, tenders BiB unlistenable.

Quote from: Ducky on January 20, 2024, 02:34:09 PMBaloff should never have been allowed near a microphone, tenders BiB unlistenable.

I've been saying this for years, give me Let There Be Blood over BIB any day.

Back In Black is grand, lads. What's wrong with yizzers?

Quote from: Paul keohane on January 20, 2024, 11:56:09 AMI remember when Watershed came out lots of people panned it,but i thought it was very good.Having said that it was around then where I lost interest in Opeth.

As for Kingdom Disdained by MA,some great tracks on it,but the production is dog shit!.How the band let that album get released with the production is beyond me.

Sanctus Diavolos by Rotting Christ was a step up from the albums before it imo.That album brought them up a level.
Edit: i mean the 2/3 albums before it.

I actually love the production on Kingdoms Disdained! But you gotta love your double bass drums - so high in the mix it'd make Belphegor blush!

I bought Watershed myself. Useless so it was. I really wanted to like it but there was nothing there. Sorceress was definitely a return to form for the lads after I'd written them off.

Heritage is fuckin useless as well

Actually speaking of a return to form, Porcupine Tree really pulled it out of the bag with the latest one after treading water since In Absentia, and actually including the Wilson solo stuff.

That last album is great. Whether they ever make another remains to be seen though

Marduk's Plague Angel was a return to form and led to a great string of albums, maybe with the exception of Wormwood.

Marduk and Nocturnus are both great shouts
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Carnage on January 20, 2024, 02:56:09 PM
Quote from: Ducky on January 20, 2024, 02:34:09 PMBaloff should never have been allowed near a microphone, tenders BiB unlistenable.

Yeah he's barely a step above your man Sean Killian caterwauling with Vio-lence.

I've never heard Let There Be Blood, so the only song I've enjoyed from BiB is Sepultura's cover of Piranha.

I recently picked up Bonded in Blood having not hard it in 30 years or more. I like it. The vocals are fucking tough which clearly means you lot must be wimps and posers. Just saying.

Quote from: Ducky on January 20, 2024, 08:51:13 PM
Quote from: Carnage on January 20, 2024, 02:56:09 PM

Yeah he's barely a step above your man Sean Killian caterwauling with Vio-lence.

I've never heard Let There Be Blood, so the only song I've enjoyed from BiB is Sepultura's cover of Piranha.

Thy will be done:

https://youtu.be/-yIuTAj2_7I?si=7v0iICMeYDlAzfQy

As it is on earth as it is in YouTube  :abbath:

Enemy Of Tbe Music Buisness by Naplam is definitely a return to form after their experimental phase. I don't mind that phase, but back to more aggressive songs on enemy

Accept - Blood Of The Nations