Quote from: Grim Reality on January 27, 2021, 11:30:23 PM
Teens created some of the best death/thrash of the 80s and black metal of the 90s. Eg Enslaved 'Vikingligr Veldi' a masterpiece in any man's language composed by a boy of about 14/15,  similarly Emporer 'wrath of the tyrant' by a 16 year old Ihsahn. Dissection, Thunderbolt (Pol) etc etc there's hundreds of them.

That God Awful video I watched was down right embarrassing, redeemed somewhat by what I presume is unintentional humour. As Mclove suggests the music itself is reminiscent of 20 years ago metallic hardcore. Jaysus like.

But the pretentious video is gas and that's why I put them in this thread. And seeing as it's not in the slightest bit metal sounding I don't know why yer all falling over yourselves with the 'good but not my thing' craic.

Lamb of the divine 🙄

You are an absolute tool.

Teens created some of the best death/thrash of the 80s and black metal of the 90s. Eg Enslaved 'Vikingligr Veldi' a masterpiece in any man's language composed by a boy of about 14/15,  similarly Emporer 'wrath of the tyrant' by a 16 year old Ihsahn. Dissection, Thunderbolt (Pol) etc etc there's hundreds of them.

That God Awful video I watched was down right embarrassing, redeemed somewhat by what I presume is unintentional humour. As Mclove suggests the music itself is reminiscent of 20 years ago metallic hardcore. Jaysus like.

But the pretentious video is gas and that's why I put them in this thread. And seeing as it's not in the slightest bit metal sounding I don't know why yer all falling over yourselves with the 'good but not my thing' craic.

Lamb of the divine 🙄

You're not gonna like this, but, people dance and even enjoy themselves at their gigs.

I've done sound for them a ton of times and they're among the least pretentious group of musicians I've ever met/worked with. They throw it out how they want and don't give a fuck. Very refreshing attitude tbh. Even if this isn't my favourite thing they've done, personally (though it fucking SLAMS in a live setting), it's definitely not on the level of stuff this thread was intended for.

God Alone are easily one of the best live bands in Ireland. I know them, and as Yung said they are the least pretentious people you could ever meet. The amount of musical talent in that band is astonishing.

It's a good tune well executed. I listened there without watching the video. It's good stuff and I'll put my tuppence in and say that most bands shouldn't bother with videos because most of the time they look like gormless gobshites and the image/message they are trying to portray is usually lost anyhow.
Good work for young lads. Well done....

Been along to a few of God Alone's gigs. Definitely best caught live (live gigs, member them? Curse this plague) - though the tunes they've put out in studio are punching well above their weight. Sound lads too.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 28, 2021, 05:19:42 PM
It's a good tune well executed. I listened there without watching the video. It's good stuff and I'll put my tuppence in and say that most bands shouldn't bother with videos because most of the time they look like gormless gobshites and the image/message they are trying to portray is usually lost anyhow.
Good work for young lads. Well done....
Okay, watched the video there. It's shite.....
But not because of the lads themselves and their shenanigans on camera.... but that fucking annoying strobe shite. Fuck right off with that bollox! It wasn't cool in the 90's and most certainly isn't now.

Quote from: blessed1 on January 28, 2021, 03:10:21 AM

Lamb of the divine 🙄

You are an absolute tool.

Well fuck you too ya cocksucker

And users wonder why lurkers don't bother posting...

Yeah GA video doesn't belong here, in the Cork article thread if anywhere surely. Don't see the issue anyway, a nice throwback to the dwarf dancing in the Black Lodge in Twin Peaks for me, strobes and all like 😁

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DF4UFQZ3qK8

It's fully acceptable for him to post that in this thread. It's his opinion and he explained it. Really struck a nerve though. Haha.

I feel like there's so much awful and hilarious stuff floating around in modern metal, especially on Napalm Records that picking that stuff is like shooting fish in a barrel. Here's some truly awful vintage metal though. Possibly the most brilliantly awful thing I've ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96MbdyxPXN0&ab_channel=HKMusak

When it comes to top tier hilariously bad metal, the era of Celtic Frost never acknowledges is up there

https://youtu.be/Ndrcz3mybPg

Quote from: blackwrits96 on February 02, 2021, 07:48:38 PM
When it comes to top tier hilariously bad metal, the era of Celtic Frost never acknowledges is up there

https://youtu.be/Ndrcz3mybPg
Hip Hop Jugend is, hands down, Tom G's finest work. And no, I'm not messing....