First five folk are saying? There's something about Seasons that always used to irk me. Haven't listened to it in probably 20 years though, so that might have changed. First four essential for sure.

Seasons is mighty, I'd put it on a level with Show No Mercy, just behind South Of Heaven.

I've never heard a note of Show No Mercy. The front cover always made me think it would sound as bad as that drawing looked

Your loss, Lad!
SNM is a banger.

Most Slayer 'fans' pass on 'Show No Mercy' because it's too old and  not 'Reign in Blood'. I had this mentality as a youngster but I was wrong, it's as well written/ performed and just as vital as 'Kill em all' by the 'Tallica.

Their best work, IMO, is:  'SNM', 'Hell Awaits' and 'Live Undead'.

If Hell Awaits was the title track and 50mins of silence alone, it'd be a better album than most bands could dream of.

Of the Big 4... only Megadave's debut album was sub-par.
The other three are great!

True, though Fistful Of Metal is pretty average too. Still pisses on KIMB obviously.

Fair enough!
Maybe not as good as SNM or KEA, but still far enough up the ladder to leave a shitty boot print on Megadave's face.

The 2018 remix of KIMB with These Boots at the end (so I can pretend it's not on the album) revealed a solid debut from Megadeth for me, not Kill Em All or Show No Mercy level, but it has some great tracks.

Never bothered with Anthrax's debut, despite liking the two that came after.

KIMB is a grand album with a shit mix. The two remixes have, between the pair of them, almost gotten it right but still not quite. It's a far stronger album than Fistful of Metal, though. Samuelson was a fucking savage drummer and now you can hear what he was doing.

The digitally downtuned These Boots..., so 21st Century Mustaine could get even remotely close to singing the new lyrics in tune, is the greatest crime against taste and decency ever committed by Mustaine. It shows how little influence anyone around him has that that was allowed to be released.

Anthrax were definitely bottom of the big 4 pile for debut albums. They got very good very gast though and weathered the 90s and early 2000s better than others, creatively at least. As mentioned above, the remixed KIMB showcases the amazing drumming of Samuelson, who was streets ahead of the competition skills wise. It is also jam packed with amazing riffs.
Rattlehead,Looking Down The Cross, Mechanical etc.

And while not a debut album, Ride The Lightning is 40 this year. This album is still in my top 10 all-time albums (possibly even top 5)

Samuelson was a lethal drummer. Didn't he play jazz fusion before joining Megadeth?

Yep, him and Poland. The pair of them went a long way to what makes those first two albums so unique.