I think there's a fan or two here (at least I remember them coming up somewhere before) but there's a new Slift tune up and it is class.

https://youtu.be/VcXkSctQCbw?si=xOwmIXk8d03cRtl7

slift.bandcamp.com

Album's not out until January so there'll likely be more released off it in the meantime.  Harder going than Ummon but very clearly the same band.  For anyone who doesn't know:  Psych, hard rock, fast paced but spacey - worth a spin anyway to see what you get.

Suh-weet. Lined up for later! Ummon still regularly listened to here. And if they've a new one coming out, I may finally get my arse to one of their shows round these parts.

By a mile one of the best live bands I've ever seen. This is great news.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 05, 2023, 10:25:12 AMSuh-weet. Lined up for later! Ummon still regularly listened to here. And if they've a new one coming out, I may finally get my arse to one of their shows round these parts.
Same, Ummon is on about once a week even if just for a few tunes.  Amazing how it sort of became part of the furniture for regular albums.

Great track. Parts of it remind me a little of The Mars Volta, in a way that wasn't present on Ummon, and then a huge bang of the score to Lynch's Dune in the section from around the 6 minute mark on, most prominently around 7:20.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 06, 2023, 10:50:50 AMGreat track. Parts of it remind me a little of The Mars Volta, in a way that wasn't present on Ummon, and then a huge bang of the score to Lynch's Dune in the section from around the 6 minute mark on, most prominently around 7:20.
Didn't think of MV on this but there is a hint of it there alright.  The end section after the synth break is particularly savage.  Must have listened to this song 4 times yesterday so I'm not putting it on again now until the album is out :laugh:

Quote from: OpenSores on October 07, 2023, 04:17:02 PMI've dipped in and out pretty cool set:

https://youtu.be/knzsyZWbN7g?si=91lhng9jJOuuq-dr
Yeah it's class, I've watched it a few times.  Altitude Lake maybe my favourite song of theirs too.

Heard of these guys before but never checked out an album, liking the sound of that track, vocals remind me of Killing Joke. Musically, might fill the void that Elder left, haven't been gone on their last two albums at all.

The full album released this morning, have only had the time for half of it so far but it's great for that much on first listen.

https://slift.bandcamp.com/album/ilion

Looking forward to giving this a proper spin later.

Halfway through first full listen now. It'll take a couple of listens. First impressions are that the novel parts are all great, but there's maybe slightly too many parts that seem--on first listen anyway--to sound identical to Ummon.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 20, 2024, 03:29:02 PMHalfway through first full listen now. It'll take a couple of listens. First impressions are that the novel parts are all great, but there's maybe slightly too many parts that seem--on first listen anyway--to sound identical to Ummon.
It's definitely similar to Ummon but seems a bit more straightforward but hectic by comparison.  Not a bad thing at all, enjoying it a lot and there's some really savagely written parts on it, but needs more spins to really judge it.

Ummon is deadly, never made the Killing Joke vocal connection, can't unhear it now. Halfway through this new mighty so far. I'd the Dublin gig the only Irish date?

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on January 23, 2024, 04:06:58 PMI'd the Dublin gig the only Irish date?
Looks that way yeah, would have like to see them down Limerick way but don't imagine they have the popularity really to do two gigs over here.  It is also now looking unlikely I'll be able to make the Dublin date.  Another year, maybe.