https://slomatics.bandcamp.com/album/strontium-fields

New album from Slomatics. A pretty considerable change in direction, especially in the vocals. Only getting to end of a first listen now, enjoying it a lot.

Was going to preorder it as Canyons was immense, but the guts if €25 for the CD through Bandcamp can fuck off - it's down at about €21 (inc. postage) 'til you check out, then 'taxes' apply. If it comes up on Amazon I'll get it there.

#2 September 08, 2023, 11:36:43 PM Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 11:45:19 PM by Eoin McLove
This sounds incredible. The vocals are top notch. The band just seems to get better and better with each release. I can't put my finger on who the vocals sound like... it'll come to me later. I'll have to grab the CD asap.

Edit: Simen Hestnæs!

Big fan of the band but somehow managed to let Canyons slide past me (I was in a different mood for tunes at the time maybe) so I can give both the new one and that a listen today.

Quote from: Carnage on September 08, 2023, 03:55:35 PMWas going to preorder it as Canyons was immense, but the guts if €25 for the CD through Bandcamp can fuck off - it's down at about €21 (inc. postage) 'til you check out, then 'taxes' apply.

You could try here and see if it comes out cheaper..?
https://blackbowrecords.bigcartel.com/product/new-slomatics-album-strontium-fields-cd

The jump from £10.99 to almost €25 is fairly mad alright. Are those Brexit related 'taxes'?

Dunno, but it's a pain. I tried that one as well and it works out around the same, postage is about £7 so fuck that.

I don't mind paying whatever it costs but hidden costs, taxes and excessive postage charges are a guaranteed fuck off. I'd hate to think what it costs for the vinyl.

Around €46 all in  :'(

Scobes or someone else in the ROI may well get some in direct from the lads. If one of them, or maybe Moose, sees this thread they may have some info.

Just played 3 tracks off it there. Not sure if I love the new vocals but it might just be that the difference is so jarring.  Will have to give it the full run on proper speakers later to be certain

I'm really enjoying the album, good flow. Zodiac Arts Lab great track, vocally I'm reminded of Ian Astbury.

Vocals are cool. Drumsound, not so cool.

I kinda veer in and out of interest when it comes to Slomatics.
Albums are generally deadly. But all the splits they do makes it difficult to keep up and I tend to forget about them till there's another album on the go.

Incredible live band, too.

#11 September 11, 2023, 02:52:57 PM Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 07:11:22 PM by moose
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 09, 2023, 03:26:12 PMAround €46 all in  :'(

Scobes or someone else in the ROI may well get some in direct from the lads. If one of them, or maybe Moose, sees this thread they may have some info.

My moose signal was activated. Burning world are shipping from the Netherlands.

https://www.burningworldrecords.com/products/slomatics-strontium-fields-lp-album-ltd-red-near-mint-nm-or-m?_pos=11&_sid=815ea4f94&_ss=r

Had a quick listen. Sounds deadly. Vocals sound cool too.

Quote from: Carnage on September 11, 2023, 03:25:25 PMJust the vinyl, though.

Probably worth asking them if they'll have the CD too.