Quote from: Anvil on August 28, 2024, 10:07:34 AMThe cynic in me says they are doing it for a tax break but I am a bitter old bastard...
I'd say you're right to a degree. I mean most big bands would be doing things like this for tax reasons as its business. At the same time the Metallica lads seem sound enough too. Probably both

I'm sure they've got their pricey accountants sorting out the best way around it, but they are still doing it and giving away fortunes. Fair play to them

To quote Joe Elliot on the late Steve Clark and his struggles, "you buy a drink for everyone in the pub - you're the flash rock star, but if you don't buy a drink - you're a miserable git..."

you cant win either way....

Yup the world is full of cynical, bitter old bastards.

That Joe Elliott cunt... he bought us all pints and not a single packet of crisps! I nearly threw the pint back in his stupid rich cheapskate face. Nearly.

Quote from: Anvil on August 28, 2024, 10:07:34 AMThe cynic in me says they are doing it for a tax break but I am a bitter old bastard...

I'd be lying if I said I didn't immediately think the same thing (being a cynical auld cunt myself), but I'm trying to look at things from a bit more of a positive angle these days. God knows there's enough horrible shite going on without looking for the darkness around the odd chink of light there is.

Philanthropy is the best marketing 🤮(and write off).

Still not the worst thing to happen to Virginia Tech!

Creeping Death (and Taxes)
Or maybe just... Creeping Debt

One (Million Dollars... Dr Evil style)

[Sticks head around the door]

The Punforgiven?

[Exit]

John Petrucci beard oil anyone?