For all the little 'sunglasses at night, cuban heel wearing' black metal egomaniacs🤣🤣

Kind of cool that their massive contribution to Norwegian music and culture is so fully recognised over there, but also a bit strange that what was/is quite a counter-cultural movement can be peered at by normal society. I suppose, ultimately, what makes the movement so timeless is the sheer talent and vision of its then very young progenitors, as well as its ability to create a spiritual experience for its listeners. You can't ignore the powerful imagery and the crimes either, but regardless of that the music stands the test of time and continues to speak across generations. I would certainly pop in for a look if I went back over.

The number of people who listen to Norwegian black metal around the globe may by now be greater than the population of the country itself. As a cultural export, they are absolutely aware of its impact and importance, culturally and economically in terms of tourism (and not just directly metal related tourism). Personally, I think it looks really well done and looks like quite an immersive experience in the esthetic, which is something that will be more or less alien to many of the more recent streaming audio fans of the genre.

The first time I was in Norway the lad at passport control smiled and said "ah, you are here for the black metal". Most seem to be really pleased about their country being on the international cultural map.

That giant Hvis Lyset Tar Oss cover is unreal I want one