DME pulling another fantastic surprise this month. Cancer playing from To The Gory End and Death Shall Rise.

DME going through their records and just managing to make calls and book them all has been immense this year alright.

They were ment to play Cork until Covid struck!,Death shall Rise a stone cold death metal classic for me!

Great stuff, well played H
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

There the only two Cancer I've got time for, should be a great night

Seen someone say its the first time they're playing Ireland, could have sworn I saw them as a support act around '02/03

Yeah, it's hard to believe they never made it over back in the day?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

They were ment to play with Deicide in Dublin back in 1990,but missed the ferry apparently.(this is from some who was at the gig,Fancy Clancy)

They were meant to play Cork in 1991 according to a Fitzsimons gig article in the Echo at the time, but it fell by the wayside and we got Paradise Lost in Nancys soon after.

One of the finest leather jacket paintings done at the time was of Death Shall Rise. Murf from our secondary school (and scout group!) did a load of class work - Warmaster, Cause of Death, Coma of Souls, etc. Alas I didn't have the bobs to get my jacket painted  :'(

They lost me after the first 2 albums as well I'm afraid. James Murphy leads though  :-*

The Sins Of Mankind had a few decent tracks but that was it, Black Faith was woeful. The recentish comeback album was decent enough. Never took to To The Gory End TBH but Death Shall Rise was mighty, very underrated IMO. The lyrics were a bit... well, yeah.

Depending on ticket price I might head to this, it'll be a good one I reckon.

That and Emperor were two whopper announcements. I'd been very underwhelmed by a lot of the stuff recently - too much shite like Eluveitie and Finntroll etc these announcements have a little more chest hair on them and the ability to empty the wallet. Anyone any idea on ticket price for this one?

Quote from: Snare on March 02, 2023, 12:36:46 AMThey were meant to play Cork in 1991 according to a Fitzsimons gig article in the Echo at the time, but it fell by the wayside and we got Paradise Lost in Nancys soon after.

One of the finest leather jacket paintings done at the time was of Death Shall Rise. Murf from our secondary school (and scout group!) did a load of class work - Warmaster, Cause of Death, Coma of Souls, etc. Alas I didn't have the bobs to get my jacket painted  :'(

They lost me after the first 2 albums as well I'm afraid. James Murphy leads though  :-*
my first time coming across Shane Hickey back in the mid 90s he had DSR on the back of his leather jacket also.

Its hilarious,by the late 90s I thought id missed the boat with seeing all these original dm bands live!  :laugh:

I've never seen them myself Paul. A band I had forgotten to put on the bucket list. My teenage self is extremely happy in the last fortnight.

Quote from: hellfire on March 02, 2023, 11:03:03 AMI've never seen them myself Paul. A band I had forgotten to put on the bucket list. My teenage self is extremely happy in the last fortnight.
Yeah same,Death Shall Rise a big album for me getting into DM in my teens.I still rate it as one of the best produced DM albums from that era.

Cancer are a band that completely passed me by. What do ye recommend as go to albums and are there any to avoid?

#14 March 02, 2023, 04:24:13 PM Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 04:27:03 PM by Paul keohane
Most people jump between To the Gory end,and Death shall rise as their best.Personally DSR is their best.

The other albums never did it for me that much,until the latest album 4/5 years ago,thats very good.

Definitely get stuck into the first 2 albums,seems they'll be heavily focusing on those live.