Yeah, I've a torrent sitting there that hasn't budged off 0.0% for a week.

I got lucky and picked up the DVD for €2 in a charity shop a while back. Great fillum.

#1667 March 26, 2021, 11:42:31 AM Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 09:11:08 AM by Necro Red
I watched The Void last night. Decent horror with the 80s Carpenter nod and visual effects. Only issue I had was the characters and back stories, but a minor issue really. Worth the watch I'd say

Have watched a few recently, but nothing to really write home about. Last night, however, stuck on The Kid Detective, and that's one that I can definitely recommend; hugely entertaining, mix of silly and dark humour, plus some darkness with no humour at all. Not a family movie, despite what the title might lead one to believe!

Watched Once Upon A Time In Hollywood for the second time last night.
Didnt like it the first time around and said I'd give it another chance. Its really not that good.
Probably his worst one imo.

I'll take your word for it and spare myself a second go so!

Coming 2 America. Quite poor. Very few elements worked and completely reliant on the nostalgia buzz.

Had a decent run last night with Joker and Fight Club.

Seen em both before but still very good

Just watched the post with tom hanks, not bad

#1674 March 27, 2021, 11:09:02 PM Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 11:15:44 PM by leatherface
Quote from: StoutAndAle on March 22, 2021, 09:21:34 AM
Quote from: CorkonianHunger on March 21, 2021, 02:27:26 PM
Rewatched Pusher 2 with my mate as he hadn't seen it. Great stuff.

Put on Jackie Chan's Police Story form 1985, brilliant show, one of the funniest slap stick films I've ever seen too.

"Police Story" is fucking insane. The lightbulb stunt is something to behold. It's amazing to think what Jackie Chan and his stunt crew were able to achieve (and were actually allowed to do) in the 1980s.

Have you seen the other Jackie Chan films from that period? The second Police Story, "Project A", "Wheels On Meals", Armour Of God", etc. - they're all worth a watch.

That bicycle chase scene from 'Project A' is hilarious, 'Armour of God' when he is fighting those women towards the end, equally hilarious. Samo Hung was the co-star in 'Wheels on Meals', think he was a childhood friend of Jackie Chan, just as skilled as Chan but never gets much kudos.

If anyone is interested in other, more obscure martial arts movies I would recommend 'Fist of the White Lotus', (Shaw studios), many great films from the Shaw Brothers studiosl

Had forgotten about this great intro to a rather mediocre movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z73i7tlFuHE

Just for nostalgia im gonna watch The lost boys, cryyyyyy little sister

Quote from: Doctor Crippen on March 27, 2021, 11:17:07 PM
Just for nostalgia im gonna watch The lost boys, cryyyyyy little sister

Great film, great soundtrack

Did they ever find them?