Captain Fantastic. Thinking about Varg throughout was prob the most entertaining aspect. It was fine.

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on March 21, 2021, 02:27:26 PM
Rewatched Pusher 2 with my mate as he hadn't seen it. Great stuff.

Put on Jackie Chan's Police Story form 1985, brilliant show, one of the funniest slap stick films I've ever seen too.

"Police Story" is fucking insane. The lightbulb stunt is something to behold. It's amazing to think what Jackie Chan and his stunt crew were able to achieve (and were actually allowed to do) in the 1980s.

Have you seen the other Jackie Chan films from that period? The second Police Story, "Project A", "Wheels On Meals", Armour Of God", etc. - they're all worth a watch.

After subjecting myself to the Justice League this weekend (was grand, drivel really if I'm being very honest) I watched the Warriors last night. Night and day stuff. So good. Creative, energetic, trend setting, a real cinematic experience. Not this dead in the head, formulaic superhero rubbish that has everyone convinced it's art.

Quote from: Pedrito on March 22, 2021, 09:51:25 AM
After subjecting myself to the Justice League this weekend (was grand, drivel really if I'm being very honest) I watched the Warriors last night. Night and day stuff. So good. Creative, energetic, trend setting, a real cinematic experience. Not this dead in the head, formulaic superhero rubbish that has everyone convinced it's art.

Good call. "The Warriors" is excellent. Proper film making. The 1970s is a purple patch for excellent cinema.

"Hard Times " and "The Driver" are another two great films from early on in Walter Hill's career. 

The Warriors is excellent, great soundtrack too.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on March 22, 2021, 09:21:34 AM
"Police Story" is fucking insane. The lightbulb stunt is something to behold. It's amazing to think what Jackie Chan and his stunt crew were able to achieve (and were actually allowed to do) in the 1980s.

Have you seen the other Jackie Chan films from that period? The second Police Story, "Project A", "Wheels On Meals", Armour Of God", etc. - they're all worth a watch.

I haven't watched those 80s films in years so revisiting them. Have those and Drunken Master on the list. Really says a lot when those stunts stick in your head. The bus part was insane too. It's also hilarious. Lightbulb scene was so mental they had to show it 3 times ha.

#1656 March 22, 2021, 06:32:17 PM Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 06:34:02 PM by Thorn
Quote from: astfgyl on March 20, 2021, 11:10:02 PM
Quote from: Thorn on March 20, 2021, 03:46:25 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on March 20, 2021, 10:18:12 AM
Wolf Creek 2 last night. Piss poor in almost every way it could be poor

Funny, I only added that to my Netflix list last night because I can't remember if I've seen it. I thought the first one was a good watch.

The first one was a decent flick but this lacks all the suspense and underlying horror of the first and instead focuses on making some sort of cartoon hero out of the lad. It's like what the last Predator film is to the first one in terms of mood

Well I actually enjoyed the fuck out of that, compared to  contemporary horror flicks it's a great watch. Oul Mick is some boy so he is. The kind of dude I'd been hoping for in Jeepers Creepers til it went all supernatural tits up. Nice to step out of this super sensitive PC  society and watch a real man at work  :abbath:

Those lowered expectations certainly helped you out! Maybe if I'd gone into it the same way instead of expecting it to be like the first one I'd have enjoyed it more too.

I judged it by the complete lack of a storyline, the bad acting, the ridiculous cliches such as people not running away when having loads of chances to do so, stopping the car for no reason whilst escaping perfectly well, and then the cunning killer being as thick as shit with the main victim. It just didn't come off well at all but I do understand that sometimes that can be what's wanted from an evening's mindless entertainment.

First wolf creek is very good. Second is beyond awful.

Quote from: Pedrito on March 22, 2021, 09:51:25 AM

I have a soft spot for a film called The Wanderers, saw it when i was only a child and loved the soundtrack, about gangs in the mid sixties in the Bronx. Love the warriors as well.

I saw that years ago, Ken Wahl from Wiseguy was in it if I recall.

Now ye have it, there are some brilliant parts to it

Trying to think of a few Irish films to watch with the bird over Easter, there are those Cartoon Saloon ones on Apple TV, and the usual few knocking around on the platforms.

The one I can't find, and which is definitely my favourite Irish show ever, is I Went Down. It's so fuckin' funny, Gleeson getting pissed off at Frank the whole time sounds easy but the acting is just top of the range . A classic.

The story is daft, but I could watch that every evening for a week and not get sick of it.

I'd order the DVD or blue ray if I had something to play it on. Playstation maybe?

I've actually never seen it and have been trying to find a dl of it for a couple of months now, but no luck.

Ya you'd love it.

I got a torrent of it years ago, it took about 3 days to download. I asked a lad I work with who downloads shit non stop to have a look, no dice either.