Tenet
Infidel

Tenet is better than I thought it would be, but i would have preferred if the world had burned... that's just the sort of guy I am

Infidel is good.

Quote from: Ollkiller on December 07, 2020, 08:32:29 PM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on December 06, 2020, 07:03:05 PM

The Kino in Cork was a great place when it was open. You could get a mug of tea there. I saw 'Irreversible' there (on a date, not knowing the content) when I was in college. A good dose of people walked out during 'that' scene.

Never saw a film in there but it was a great place for a gig when it still had the cinema layout. The 're furb is nice but I much preferred the vibe before it was done up.

Is it still open (current circumstances aside) as a venue? Class place but I'm going back to 01-05 when I was living in Cork.

It is.

Sound is imo phenomenal, couple of top notch engineers working with a real nice system, the lighting is great too and the big screen and projector can be put to great use as required.

But I'd have to agree, went to a couple of gigs before it was done up properly as a venue and there was just something about it, with the floor sloping down towards the stage, that worked beautifully. The fact that it was BYOB and you could have whatever cheap or fancy cans you desired added to the rock n roll experience too though, no doubt

Dogs Don't Wear Pants.

A strange, but good movie.

Disney's confirmed the next Star Wars film is Rogue Squadron - Dec 2023.
Really hope they get Michael Stackpole on board for this. His (and the late Aaron Allston's) X-Wing books were probably the best of all the SW EU novels.

A rake of new tv shows announced too. It'll be funny for our descendants a thousand years from now looking at how much resources were poured into a totally fictional universe with no real connection to ours. Imagine if instead of Greek mythology what we found in Athens was play after play about a fictional country in an ocean far, far away; I wonder what we'd make of it all...?

Like as in Israel?

A new religion? The virgin birth of Baby Yoda? He's a little legend in fairness, despite Disney bringing their Ikea/MacDonald's nefarious Stazi/KGB mind control techniques into play to capture my attention noticing his little green face at least 20 times a day.  There is no escape from 'the system'.

The House That Jack Built.

A bit all over the place but I enjoyed it.

Super 30.
The Sky is Pink

I watched The Sky is Pink for Priyanka Chopra  alone :-* The story isn't too bad either to be fair.
Super 30 is a good movie too.

There's a new edit of Godfather III coming out, or just out, or whatever.

Watched Romancing The Stone yesterday. Great hangover fodder, although I'd remembered it being better. I suppose The Jewel of the Nile will have to get a screening now too, as well as all the other Indiana Jones-alike movies of the 80s, like King Solomon's Mines.

#1301 December 14, 2020, 05:08:44 PM Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 02:29:28 PM by Carnage
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on December 14, 2020, 05:03:48 PM
There's a new edit of Godfather III coming out, or just out, or whatever.

Yeah, The Godfather: Coda I think it's called. New introduction and a few tweaks, no radical changes apparently. Looking forward to it, it can only be an improvement.

Watched Breaker Morant the other day, one that had been on the list for years. Excellent stuff, great performances and one of the best closing lines I've ever heard.

No Country For Old Men last night. Hadn't watched it since the cinema, so about 13 years ago. Even better, far better even, than I remembered. Just an excellent film from the best team in mainstream American cinema.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on December 19, 2020, 07:37:22 PM
No Country For Old Men last night. Hadn't watched it since the cinema, so about 13 years ago. Even better, far better even, than I remembered. Just an excellent film from the best team in mainstream American cinema.

Now i realise I'm probably in a minority of one but i hate that fucking film. And i love the Cohen brothers. Just bored the absolute pants off me.

Same as that. I enjoyed the book (despite his inability to punctuate) but the film did nothing for me. I find the Coens very hit & miss TBH.