Steve Coogan was very good in it. It was a lot better than I expected it to be.

I liked it too.

I watched In Fear earlier, a dreadful English horror supposedly set in Ireland.  Just really poor in every way.

I'm watching a French horror right now called Climax and it's off to a good start.

Glad to see Climax seems to be getting watched quite a bit and appreciated too. I thought it was excellent but wouldn't necessarily have expected it to be so well received. He's a great, great film-maker the boul Gaspar.

Yeah it's really fucked up and original. The kid locked in the utility room is breaking my little dried up pork scratching of a heart.

I watched the Shadow with Alec Baldwin again last night for the first time since I seen it as a kid.
It still holds up really well. Great effects for the time as well and it looks amazing.

Watched Blade last night. Great film and a perfect example of a film in which the main protagonists were black and not an eyebrow was raised by anyone. Apart from the climatic scene, the special effects weren't too jarring either. Wesley Snipes some legend and the female part played by N'Bushe Wright..jayziss, a fine thing.

Blade was preceeded by Stallone's Over The Top, which is quite possibly the greatest movie ever made on the topics of arm wrestling and tractor trucks. Nearly every character in the film is named after an animal: Hawk, Bull, Grizzly. A proper film.

Over the Top is amazing, I've got the soundtrack around somewhere. Pure life affirming 80s pop rock

The Treatment.
A good movie, but some of the scenes were unnecessary. The story could have been told without them.

Quote from: Trev on November 15, 2020, 02:03:39 PM
Over the Top is amazing, I've got the soundtrack around somewhere. Pure life affirming 80s pop rock

Class. Watched Cobra too. Doesn't get much better.

Dreamland(The Margot Robbie version). It was ok. She makes it watchable.

Watched The Night Flier last night.
It's an adaption of one of Stephen Kings short stories. Wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely one of the better adaptions of his work.

Have just finished watching the original Rollerball for 20th time. have liked the remake too, but the original is unfuckwithable!!

How the fuck did you enjoy the remake?

Quote from: warhead on November 22, 2020, 03:07:45 PM
Have just finished watching the original Rollerball for 20th time. have liked the remake too, but the original is unfuckwithable!!
It's the future and the population is controlled by the corporations who have demolished individualism. Astfygl has taken matters in his own hands and is hell-bent on attaining his own will.

Quote from: warhead on November 22, 2020, 03:07:45 PM

Flippin loved that film as a kid. Must give it a go. Another I want to watch is the Warriors. Haven't seen it in years.