Quote from: Caomhaoin on November 11, 2020, 07:39:31 PM
Finally got around to watching 'The Red Pill' on Amazon this evening. It is a show guaranteed to piss plenty of people off, but the facts are undeniable.

I watched and learnt quite a lot from it a few months ago. Although, when I looked up on it after, it turned out that some (not all) of the facts are actually deniable.

Such as?

The feminist saying that men are not disadvantaged in any way under the law, yes. But apart from that.

#1217 November 11, 2020, 08:14:01 PM Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 08:21:04 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Edit: discussion moved to documentaries thread.

Watched "Prince Avalanche" last night. It was fairly disappointing given the firepower behind and in front of the camera - Paul Rudd, Emile Hirsch and David Gordon Green.

I love films from the 1970s but I'd never seen "The Goodbye Girl" before. Threw it on the other night. Christ, it was excellent. Enjoyable start to finish.  Richard Dreyfuss is class in it, as is the kid actor. The whole cast really

Also watched "Kill The Messenger" - great set-up but flags toward the final third.

I watched Beneath Us last night. It's not a movie I'd recommend watching.

"Stan & Ollie" - absolutely brilliant. Steven Coogan and John C. Reilly are both excellent - Coogan in particular.

#1222 November 13, 2020, 12:25:26 PM Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 08:01:24 PM by Cailleach
Jungleland. The guy(Jack O'Connell) from Unbroken is good in this, but the story has been done much better in other films.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on November 13, 2020, 11:06:30 AM
"Stan & Ollie" - absolutely brilliant. Steven Coogan and John C. Reilly are both excellent - Coogan in particular.

That that get slated by critics? Def gonna check it out.

It's excellent if you're already a fan and thus really well acquainted with their original work. Otherwise, I do think you'd be left wondering what the hell the big deal was that these guys deserved a film. In other words, I don't think it will age well, unless always watched following an hour long "Best Of Laurel & Hardy".

Didn't enjoy it at all. Watch the originals.

Quote from: open face surgery on November 13, 2020, 02:34:16 PM

It was pretty well received, maybe you have it mixed with the infamously bad Holmes and Watson with Will Ferrell and John C Reilly that came out around the same time?

Stan & Ollie was pretty good, considering that I despise Steve Coogan I enjoyed it much more than I'd expected to.

Really? Even Alan Partridge?

Quote from: ldj on November 13, 2020, 09:35:22 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on November 13, 2020, 02:34:16 PM

It was pretty well received, maybe you have it mixed with the infamously bad Holmes and Watson with Will Ferrell and John C Reilly that came out around the same time?

That's exactly what I was thinking of.

Saw both of them and neither of them can capture the magic of the originals. As films in themselves, the Coogan one was obviously more watchable..nothing special.