I got 2/3 of the way through season 2 and ditched it. Pile of shite, dull as dishwater and not a single character worth caring about.

Quote from: Carnage on October 15, 2019, 01:29:01 AM
I got 2/3 of the way through season 2 and ditched it. Pile of shite, dull as dishwater and not a single character worth caring about.
Breaking Bad?

In fairness I remember BB dragging the shite out of things for ages and I almost dumped it myself. I seem to recall it picked back up again towards the end, though it was never as good as the first season or two.

Found the first 2 seasons slow enough but from 3 on got really good.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on October 15, 2019, 07:21:55 AM
Breaking Bad?

Yeah. There's enough stuff out there that I actually want to watch without forcing myself to watch BB in the hope of it eventually becoming good. Out of about 20 episodes, I liked 2, so no thanks.

Ah lads theres no way any series of BB was at a level where it was so bad it was unwatchable!

Im on the last episode of Mindhunter,bursting to watch it later!,also im two episodes into City on a Hill,Kevin Bacon mad cunt!

I have one episode of City On A Hill left, 'tis a good series and has been renewed for a second season. Hooray!

Quote from: Paul keohane on October 15, 2019, 01:30:18 PM
Ah lads theres no way any series of BB was at a level where it was so bad it was unwatchable!

Im on the last episode of Mindhunter,bursting to watch it later!,also im two episodes into City on a Hill,Kevin Bacon mad cunt!

Breaking Bad was class.but there were some very drawn out episodes here and there, milking it for all.it was worth. It's been so long since I saw the thjng that I can't remember exactly but I remember having the feeling at the time. Mindhunter amazeballs in fairness.

Season 2 of Mindhunters was only good,  I thought.  Loved the first season.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 15, 2019, 06:23:20 PM
Season 2 of Mindhunters was only good,  I thought.  Loved the first season.
Im the opposite,i thought season one was a bit slow,loved season two!

Season 1 was definitely better but it set a high benchmark. Nothing wrong with season 2 at all.

I didn't find the main story terribly interesting and it was dragged out too much.  I thought the insights they gained from the interviews in season 1 were what made it so fascinating. Working on solving a specific case in season 2 changed the feel of the show. I also felt the side story with the son might have been explored more because it was a little half-hearted and sort of fizzled to nothing. I enjoyed it to a degree, though, because I like the characters.

Yeah the characters are top notch.

Watched "El Camino" last night. Very enjoyable but not a masterpiece more like an extremely good 2 hour season finale.  The visuals are excellent and Aaron Paul & Robert Forster are both great.

Watched "Stuber" over the weekend - just good dumb fun. Plus, at 90 mins, the ideal length for brain fluff like this. Plenty of laughs and it's great to see two genuinely funny lead actors - this could have easily been The Rock & Kevin Hart shouting at each other.

Also watched "Masterminds" which has its moments but gets more and more outlandish as the plot progresses. Apparently based on real-life events. I would imagine it's more "inspired" by a true story. 

Quote from: StoutAndAle on October 16, 2019, 11:07:08 AM
Watched "El Camino" last night. Very enjoyable but not a masterpiece more like an extremely good 2 hour season finale.  The visuals are excellent and Aaron Paul & Robert Forster are both great.

I see Forster died the same day as El Camino was released. Sad news.