#15 September 05, 2024, 07:11:58 PM Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 07:14:16 PM by Mithrandir
Looks like they've been booted off the WASP tour 7 weeks out  ???

Bad form on WASP's part, I wonder was it a case of ticket sales and/or they worked out the finances and decided they just didn't want to pay a support band. Lack of marketing plan doesn't really make sense as I would assume that Unto Others would have been a pretty big draw for people.

They've been fucked like a beast. 

:laugh:
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Anvil on September 05, 2024, 08:20:12 PMThey've been fucked like a beast. 

:laugh:

Pity. That would have been a cool gig to see.

Had a listen to a couple of tunes by these lads last night after seeing the gig announcement, pretty good stuff, lyrics are a bit clunky at times but they can write a hook, will check out the albums over the weekend.

new singles are very good..hadnt listened to em since I saw them in Cork last year so put on the last album for a spin yesterday..Its really strong stuff

#21 September 06, 2024, 03:42:12 PM Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 05:57:06 PM by Snare
In Cork last year?? I hope I didn't miss a gig, but I presume you mean March 2022 in Cypruss Avenue? My first post-Covid gig and took a very worthwhile chance on checking them out :)  :-*  Spinning them loads since, roll on Dublin in February.

Was that 2years ago already?!

And then some! Two and a half years feen!  :laugh: We won't be that lucky again I'd say.

New one out today .
Massive production. It sounds like the dais of going on first on a tour package is going to be left behind now.
It's really good.
The intro to sunshine sounds like a slow version of Hit Me With Your Best Shot. I can't unhear it!

Can't wait to listen later, I've been holding off on listening to the singles. I picked up strength II recently, it's unreleased songs from the Strength sessions, I didn't realised strength was planned to be a double album. Some great tracks on this comp also.

I listened again this afternoon and it's a bit of a letdown.
Far too long and the songs where they get heavier feel very forced. Maybe it will grow but I have my doubts.
The best thing on it is the Ramones cover.

Definitely a few songs too long and a little samey at times, but digging the late 80s Ramones vibe to some of the songs and the stronger songs on the album make up for the duds.

It's great. There's a bit of filler but it's very strong stuff. Good to see a young band paying homage to classic metal and goth without pandering to 'core' trends.

First listen through and it's a bit of a non event. Sounds like stuff that wouldn't make the first 2 albums with a few heavier bits thrown in. Maybe it'll grow on me but it's pretty boring on first listen, I think just all too same-y. Some cool lead bits on it.