Ordered these when the link went up some months back but they've been delayed yet again.

Anyone else picking them up? I remember getting Obscura and been blown away by the technicality of it in comparison to the earlier records. From Wisdom to Hate I remember being a poorer album, really dense sounding and the songs not as fully formed as Obscura, I never really listened to it since so am looking forward to reevaluating it whenever it lands   

Obscura is a masterpiece. FWTH is great but wasn't as groundbreaking so didn't get as much love from me. Will pick up both anyway.

I want Obscura and Wisdom on vinyl as they are the only physical releases I am missing but I have learned my lesson with pre-orders as I have been fucked about with them in just about every way imaginable.

Pressing times at plants is suppose to have dropped a bit over the last 2-3 months so no idea why these are still delayed. As if they aren't out this month or Feb at the latest then you have record store day coming up in April which means early to mid summer at the earliest after that.

Obscura is unlistenable to these ears,I remember one of the lads (Snare on here)picking it up in Tower records at the time.His review of the album put me off it until I listened to it s few years later.I never bothered with FWTH afterwards either.

I'd only be a fan of the first two TBH, more a fan of straightforward DM than technical, widdly, experimental stuff (or 'brutal' DM for that matter).

Quote from: Carnage on January 03, 2023, 11:33:57 PMI'd only be a fan of the first two TBH, more a fan of straightforward DM than technical, widdly, experimental stuff (or 'brutal' DM for that matter).
Id be the same,dip my toe in the other two styles from time to time.

I find Obscura difficult also. Thought it was just me.

#7 January 04, 2023, 04:43:21 PM Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 04:45:00 PM by open face surgery
Some amazing live videos from that period that were posted by Steve H. All songs sound amazing but Obscura tracks are unreal.

https://youtu.be/PneRbPrCsZE

https://youtu.be/rek7rZ2eYJ4

The material after the first two albums is similar to later DSO or Meshuggah you need to listen to it a lot before it will click.

Got to see them live in 2016 in a place about the size of the old Pint and they were brilliant.

From wisdom to hate is a great album just the right balance of brutality and strangeness .