#150 October 24, 2023, 06:42:11 PM Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 06:56:48 PM by open face surgery
Quote from: Grim Reality on October 24, 2023, 01:46:21 PMFinally a new VEMOD is to see the light of day in January.

Up for pre-order now on Prophecy.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if it's the greatest thing ever recorded.

There's a tune up.

https://vemod.bandcamp.com/album/the-deepening-deluxe-edition

EDIT: Can confidently say I won't listen to that again.

#151 October 24, 2023, 08:55:08 PM Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 09:19:13 PM by Eoin McLove
Nice. I'll give it a spin later. Beautiful artwork again.

Edit. I had a blast of the first five minutes and I really like the sound of it. That repeating "lead" melody is great, and reminds me of Solitvdo (whose album I need to buy as well). If I have one criticism it's the boring drumming. I think something more subtle and dynamic would elevate the rest of the music rather than that bland, semi-blasty fast pace. But I'll pick this up, although fuck Prophecy and their expensive CD books. I'll bite the bullet and grab the new (expensive) Tenhi CD as well.

Sounds very intriguing on first listen. The melodies are sublime. There's a lot going on but I feel its pointless analysing sound, production, styles etc with Vemod. They exist on a higher musical plane. Like a BM Dead Can Dance.

I'm completely missing whatever ye are hearing. That's just boring post BM shit to me. First album did fuck all for me either but had more character. Maybe I'll eat my words at some point, as is common as day, but that's shit.

Absolutely loved Vemod when I saw them live, but the album did very little for me, and I just wasnt in the humour for that song yesterday but I'll no doubt try again. Absolutely do not hear anything that would class them as a "black metal Dead Can Dance" in their work at all.

Mind you I didn't see the fuss over One Tail One Head's recordings either in spite of the fuss made over them.

I don't hear DCD either but one thing that struck me earlier was how the tone of the guitar sounded inspired by The Cure. I'll give it another listen in a bit.

I'd imagine he meant in the expanse of the music it's similar to DCD.

The OTOH EPs were great and live they were amazing. The album is another one that suffered from it taking far too long to release building up hype that could never be matched. The Beyond Man album from 2021 is really good that band is a continuation of OTOH.

Apparently there's new material coming out from Witchrist. I thought they were finish so this is great news. Word on the street is it's going to be a split with inverloch who I've never heard.

Inverloch are a continuation of, or at least have ex-members from dISEMBOWELMENT.

I thought the Witchrist demo was class. Then Beheaded Orobourous was OK but I wasn't wild on the new singer. The Grand Tormentor was a snooze-fest but I'm wondering if I was listening to it on 33 instead of 45 so maybe I'll revisit it and see, but it bored me to death whenever I put it on in the past. I'll certainly check out the new stuff online and hope for the best. I did enjoy them live with Diocletian many moons ago. In fact, I think WOTH opened that gig.

Fulci's The Morrisound Session up on bandcamp now :-*

I really hope those two new Zemial albums surface soon as well as the project he mentioned with yer man from Absu. So I do.

Quote from: Snare on November 08, 2023, 10:17:40 AMFulci's The Morrisound Session up on bandcamp now :-*

Not even the old Morrisound could help that band sound good.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 08, 2023, 09:10:07 AMInverloch are a continuation of, or at least have ex-members from dISEMBOWELMENT.

I thought the Witchrist demo was class. Then Beheaded Orobourous was OK but I wasn't wild on the new singer. The Grand Tormentor was a snooze-fest but I'm wondering if I was listening to it on 33 instead of 45 so maybe I'll revisit it and see, but it bored me to death whenever I put it on in the past. I'll certainly check out the new stuff online and hope for the best. I did enjoy them live with Diocletian many moons ago. In fact, I think WOTH opened that gig.

Oh cool didn't know about the Disembowelment connection. And yeah definitely give them another go, the two albums are great I reckon, I still play them semi regularly.

Quote from: open face surgery on November 08, 2023, 04:36:40 PM
Quote from: Snare on November 08, 2023, 10:17:40 AMFulci's The Morrisound Session up on bandcamp now :-*

Not even the old Morrisound could help that band sound good.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
I love 'em anyway! Bar when they do the mash up with some Dj