Quote from: Mags on January 15, 2019, 04:52:57 PM
True Detective season 3 off to a strong start. Very reminiscent of season 1 but has a lot of its own unique elements too.
Just watched the  first two episodes ,looking good!

I know it's only two episodes in but I'm not quite sold on True Detective yet. Mahershala Ali, surprisingly enough, is the problem for me. I think his character is standard tv detective fare, ranging from brooding to well, more brooding. I'm sure they'll build on it more, but there's nothing in his character so far to suggest why his missus was drawn to him in the first place. Stephen Dorff's character just seems a retread of Woody Harreslon in Season One.
Looking forward to the Netflix doc on the Fyre Festival. Such a monumental fuck up, should be an interesting watch
https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/the-shocking-truth-behind-fyre-festival-disaster-revealed-in-new-netflix-documentary-37721563.html

Quote from: John Kimble on January 17, 2019, 03:18:47 PM
I know it's only two episodes in but I'm not quite sold on True Detective yet. Mahershala Ali, surprisingly enough, is the problem for me. I think his character is standard tv detective fare, ranging from brooding to well, more brooding. I'm sure they'll build on it more, but there's nothing in his character so far to suggest why his missus was drawn to him in the first place. Stephen Dorff's character just seems a retread of Woody Harreslon in Season One.
Looking forward to the Netflix doc on the Fyre Festival. Such a monumental fuck up, should be an interesting watch
https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/the-shocking-truth-behind-fyre-festival-disaster-revealed-in-new-netflix-documentary-37721563.html
jeez i thought the first 2 episodes were great,much better than season 2 ,well so far anyway.

I'm probably in the minority who actually enjoyed Season Two! Don't get me wrong though, I'm not dismissing the new series, I think the story is quite good so far, it's just early days...

I'm going to watch one episode a week and absorb it properly. I really liked the first ep. Speaking of S2, I actually thought it was alright too. Not a patch on S1, but not awful.

I didnt mind season 2 either,but it was never going to top season 1.

The first season was good but the end was a flop,  I thought. It didn't really amount to much.  I never buffered with the second season.  Who is in the third?

Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff. Hadn't seen him in anything in ages.

Sex Education on Netflix. Get on it. Funny as fuck and Gillian Anderson is in it.

Season 1 of True Detective is still one of the greatest seasons of any show to ever appear on TV. McConaughey was amazing in it and he won me over with his performance. Even Roy Munson was great. I have lost count of how many times I have watched it. I do to some degree agree with what was posted earlier about the end being a little bit of a let down. I would like to have learned more about the killer and what exactly was going on I think it should have been an episode or two longer.

Season 2 wasn't bad especially since prior to it starting I was expecting it to be a flop when the main stars were announced both Colin and Vaughn were very good in it.

Just watched half of the first episode of the new season so far got caught up in something during it and didn't get around to finishing it yet but from what I saw it looks good.

In preparation for the new season, went back to season 1 for the first time last night. Two eps, instantly sucked back in. We'll do season 2 again too, even though I only really enjoyed about three hours of the whole thing. Maybe I'll just make tea whenever Vaughn is on screen.

Looking at The Defiant Ones.  Very interesting.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 24, 2019, 08:51:05 AM
In preparation for the new season, went back to season 1 for the first time last night. Two eps, instantly sucked back in. We'll do season 2 again too, even though I only really enjoyed about three hours of the whole thing. Maybe I'll just make tea whenever Vaughn is on screen.

still one of the greatest tv shows ever

One more ep of Season 2 to go and, perhaps unsurprisingly, I've enjoyed it a lot more this time by going in with zero expectations.

Finished 'El Marginal' last week, Argentinian prison series, great first series, absolutely gas in places. Started 'The Sinner' yesterday, gripping enough.