Tend to agree on the open ending to S4 of True Detective, it wasn't satisfying. It can be done really well though. Don't want to say which one for fear of spoiling, but one of the films at this year's Oscars has one of the best open endings I've ever seen to date.

Yet to watch season 4 but I thought season 3 came pretty close to season 1, Dorff in particular was great fun. Season 2 was dogshit though, near unwatchable.

Watched seasons 2 and 3 of The Mandalorian over the weekend. Quite enjoyable. Gonna crack into Andor now.

I'd love to see Andor again for the first time. Enjoy!

Don't forget The Book Of Boba Fett, it intersects with The Mandalorian.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 08, 2024, 04:37:16 PMI'd love to see Andor again for the first time. Enjoy!
God it was so good. Great TV.

Curb Your Enthusiasm finale. Despite having to suffer Seinfeld in it I like what they did for it. The judge saying to Larry that he repeatedly does the wrong thing over and over again was a great touch.

Quote from: open face surgery on April 08, 2024, 07:08:00 PMCurb Your Enthusiasm finale. Despite having to suffer Seinfeld in it I like what they did for it. The judge saying to Larry that he repeatedly does the wrong thing over and over again was a great touch.

Very good ending to a pretty, pretty, pretty good season. Sorry to see it leave, but I think it was running out of steam.

I'm going to miss the chemistry between Larry and Leon. They're a great double act, and their bullshit conversations alone made the show worth watching.

Anyone watch Ripley yet? Top notch I have to say. Great acting throughout, Andrew Scott really delivers.

He's the reason I won't watch it, I can't abide him. I would like to read the book(s) though, I beleive they're enjoyable.

Horses for courses; he's the reason I'm interested in watching it  :laugh:  He can be a bit of a melt in interviews sometimes, but on screen I gotta say personally I think he's a great actor.

As far as I know I've only seen him in Sherlock but his ridiculous, affected accent turned me off him completely. I'm sure he's playing American in this but the profound annoyance that rises every time I see him or even hear his name means I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Never watched Sherlock actually. I'll keep it on the long finger at least til after Ripley, just in case!  :laugh:

It's OK. Once you get past the nods and winks to the 'classic' Holmes tropes it's enjoyable hokum, what you'd expect from a BBC action/comedy series. Very 'Moffat'.

#2444 April 09, 2024, 11:06:58 AM Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 11:09:09 AM by mickO)))
I didn't realise this was the last season of Curb. I only saw half of one episode so far that I put on one night going to bed must get back to it. I didn't really enjoy the first one or two episodes of the last season but then it was very funny after that. Sad to see another great show end as they are few and far between these days.

Does anyone watch Dark Side of the Ring? I can't stand wrestling these days I stopped watching it as a kid more or less when John Cena came into it. Over the years I switched it on a few times out of boredom and turned it off after a few minutes. Embarrassing shite altogether.

The Dark Side of the Ring is very well done and features a lot of wrestlers from the golden era along with some crazy ones I had never even heard of. Well worth a watch even if you were never into wrestling. I think it is narrated by Chris Jericho.