I could never get into Life Of Agony, I liked River Runs Red musically but the vocals were appalling IMO. They seemed to go in an alt rock direction after that from what I've heard and the vocals changed, but it wasn't my thing.

Savage drummer alright though, groove would be the right word to apply to his style.

I'd be up for the first 2 LOA albums and some of the third but after that I was never arsed at all

Life of Agony are one of the most overrated bands to ever exist, and your man/wan Caputo is some description of whiny bollocks.

Quote from: Ducky on November 23, 2023, 08:41:57 PMLife of Agony are one of the most overrated bands to ever exist, and your man/wan Caputo is some description of whiny bollocks.

Nah man, first 2 are well decent albums if you can get over the vocals

After that.. ah well pity he got his mickey cut off and all but the music got worse is the main takeaway

Quote from: astfgyl on November 24, 2023, 12:29:28 AM
Quote from: Ducky on November 23, 2023, 08:41:57 PMLife of Agony are one of the most overrated bands to ever exist, and your man/wan Caputo is some description of whiny bollocks.

Nah man, first 2 are well decent albums if you can get over the vocals

After that.. ah well pity he got his mickey cut off and all but the music got worse is the main takeaway

Yiz reckon? I found the music to be a bit generic metal-by-numbers. And he's such a whiny cunt it's hard to get past that :laugh:

I liked the last three songs from Ugly (including the Simple Minds cover). Abruscato's drumming is the highlight of the band.

I can see why you wouldn't like the vocals to be fair, they have a fairly distinct timbre to them. And given how many albums they have now since I liked one, I wouldn't go across the road to see them live or anything. Is Abruscato only on the first one anyway? He's class on it indeed but if it's him on the second one, I'm less impressed

Quote from: astfgyl on November 25, 2023, 11:31:53 PMI can see why you wouldn't like the vocals to be fair, they have a fairly distinct timbre to them. And given how many albums they have now since I liked one, I wouldn't go across the road to see them live or anything. Is Abruscato only on the first one anyway? He's class on it indeed but if it's him on the second one, I'm less impressed

I kinda like the vocals but oh man, the fucking lyrics are just cringe. And it's kinda hard to ignore them as they're cleanly sang, front and center.

My Google-fu says he's played on the debut, Ugly, Broken Valley, A Place Where Theres No More Pain.

Shit! He wasn't great on Ugly then, I was going round thinking it was the other lad on that. Can't even rememberhow name this minute but he's simply functional is how I'd describe his drumming. No personality.

Abruscato's generally great though, especially on Bloody Kisses his drumming really makes that album as much as the rest of it.

Listened to Broken Valley once and never went back to it and think I might have heard maybe two songs of anything else they have. Mad to think they had Whitfield Crane filling in at one stage too isn't it. I'd nearly be more interested to hear them do an album with him than Caputo at this stage and that's not to say I'd actually be interested at all and more to point out that they're really a nothing band now I think about it. They had the drumming and the Josh Silver production on the first album and Ugly isn't bad (although there are indeed some real toe curling lyrics on there too) but otherwise... nothing

I never too to Ugly like I did RRR.

Didn't they get in a couple of big names to produce and mix it? The end result just wasn't the same.

I think that's where they messed up.
Got big heads up on themselves after the first album made a decent sized splash.

They moved away from their hardcore sound towards a more rock orientated one. Some good songs. I loved Soul Searching Sun when it came out but I haven't listened to it in decades. I don't even seem to have the CD here anymore. Must have grown legs over the years but I'm not sure it's one I really need to replace. I thought Caputo's first solo album was a brilliant pop rock record. Some very odd lyrics here and there but a really beautiful album in places. 

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 26, 2023, 08:57:35 AMThey moved away from their hardcore sound towards a more rock orientated one. Some good songs. I loved Soul Searching Sun when it came out but I haven't listened to it in decades. I don't even seem to have the CD here anymore. Must have grown legs over the years but I'm not sure it's one I really need to replace. I thought Caputo's first solo album was a brilliant pop rock record. Some very odd lyrics here and there but a really beautiful album in places. 

Yeah his solo album had some great songs on there. The odd lyrics do seem to point to his future "changes"

Quote from: The Great Cull on November 26, 2023, 09:42:21 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 26, 2023, 08:57:35 AMThey moved away from their hardcore sound towards a more rock orientated one. Some good songs. I loved Soul Searching Sun when it came out but I haven't listened to it in decades. I don't even seem to have the CD here anymore. Must have grown legs over the years but I'm not sure it's one I really need to replace. I thought Caputo's first solo album was a brilliant pop rock record. Some very odd lyrics here and there but a really beautiful album in places. 

Yeah his solo album had some great songs on there. The odd lyrics do seem to point to his future "changes"

Absolutely, yeah.

Yeah! Soul Searching Sun was quite good for the most part. Some pretty cool bonus tracks on the digi version.

Never checked out Capitol's solo stuff. Must go digging.

Razzberry Mockery is a great tune to start with

River Runs Red is a classic.
I thought Ugly was poor but Soul Searching Sun was a return to from.
Broken Valley had its moments. The vocals have always been hit and miss live. If seems  like more effort goes into being edgy over hitting notes and staying in tune.