6.15am wake up calls are killing my night time viewing. Hopefully I can blast through both eps over the weekend.

Now that was more like it. Finally felt like the slow build up is beginning to pay off. Great episode.

Ep5 was good. The mithril story was very cool. I'd love to delve deeper and find that that's there in the lore but I doubt it is, so I won't. Things took off nicely in ep6. They did a good job of explaining the origins of orcs. Not sure about the Adar killing Sauron angle. Is it some sort of misdirection or something they might go into further down the line? I like how they're able to reference Morgoth to give context to stuff. Was afraid they wouldn't be able to mention that material. Curious to see where they'll go after that cliffhanger.

The lad playing Adar is doing a great job.

I hope the intensity can be kept up, that episode was high octane.

That was fecking deadly. The score is sublime.

My prediction, based on telly dynamics in general, is a bit of a lull in episode 7 (notably including a return to see what the Harfoots and the Stranger are up to), and then... jesus, god knows what for the season finale!

Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 01, 2022, 03:48:28 PMThe lad playing Adar is doing a great job.

He also played Benjamin Stark of the nights watch in GOT. Good actor.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 02, 2022, 03:38:06 PMMy prediction, based on telly dynamics in general, is a bit of a lull in episode 7 (notably including a return to see what the Harfoots and the Stranger are up to), and then... jesus, god knows what for the season finale!

GoT went all out in the penultimate episode and set the scene for the following season in the finale but ya, the lulls seem to be in the odd numbered EPs. It's the kinda show I'll probably blitz again before S2 and probably subsequent seasons. Really enjoyed that with GoT and regret not doing it for other shows that would have benefitted from that approach.

Quote from: Ollkiller on October 02, 2022, 04:35:04 PM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 01, 2022, 03:48:28 PMThe lad playing Adar is doing a great job.

Well spotted. When I was a teenager I used to play warhammer (I know, I know!). He's a proper Dark Elf that lad.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 02, 2022, 05:52:25 PM
Quote from: Ollkiller on October 02, 2022, 04:35:04 PM

Well spotted. When I was a teenager I used to play warhammer (I know, I know!). He's a proper Dark Elf that lad.

Nothing wrong with Warhammer.
Listening to black metal is sadder  ::)

Another good episode. The world of it has really started coming together, for me at any rate; felt properly immersed in it through this episode.

Yeah but how can anyone sympathise with Galadriel. What a badly cast fanny.

#133 October 08, 2022, 11:36:52 AM Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 11:38:30 AM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Is it really the casting or just the character as written you don't like? Yer wan Morfydd plays the character as written just fine. I don't have a problem with either dimension, tbh. For example, when Theo goes soft-eyed over her in episode 6, it makes absolute sense he would.

I hadn't had time during the week, so I actually went back and re-watched episode 6 after watching episode 7 last night. Really quality stuff, the set ups were put together great. Slow going is always worth the pay off when you get to a point where things from several episodes back suddenly make sense (the tunnels the orcs were digging, to give just one obvious example).

I don't get what's bad about galadriel, I think she's fine in it