Quote from: Juggz on March 07, 2019, 11:17:38 AM
I'm beginning to think that 80's Rush was them at their best.
Took me a long while to appreciate 80s Rush. When I got into them I went straight from the proggy stuff to Power Windows and just found it too different and didn't like the guitar being pushed into the background. Going back and getting Moving Pictures tied it together for me though.

Still,  I'd tend to reach more for their 90s stuff these days. What a band

I only really got into them after Rush In Rio came out. That DVD opened my eyes and I was drawn to the 70's and 90's stuff initially. I picked up the 80's CDs but never really warmed to them until recently and now I can't get enough.

Quote from: Giggles on February 27, 2019, 10:18:26 PM
I understand that this may cause offence to many, but "Angel of Retribution" is my favourite Judas Priest album    ???

I'm not really familar with their other albums bar Painkiller

Favourite of two?

Necros Christos would be a lot better if they eased up on the interludes. They really took the piss with Domedon Doxomedon, be quicker to build the fuckin temple.

Quote from: Angel of Debt on March 08, 2019, 12:44:09 AM
Necros Christos would be a lot better if they eased up on the interludes. They really took the piss with Domedon Doxomedon, be quicker to build the fuckin temple.

haha now this i agree with!

I think they got it right with Domedon Dexomedon. On the past releases it was a bit much but DD is a masterpiece.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 08, 2019, 10:49:27 AM
I think they got it right with Domedon Dexomedon. On the past releases it was a bit much but DD is a masterpiece.

Its super well done, but 18 interludes is just too much for me.
I thought they got the balance better on Doom of the Occult meself.

Controversy....   lets see....

Mastodon - are pish, on record, in small clubs, arenas, festivals, support, headliner the lot.. Believe me if tried to'get' what a lot of other insist is amazing about them.....
Neurosis - are not heavy. Again I've tried, live, on record the lot. Not pish. Just not heavy. Some of the vocals are a bit  irritating too.
Clutch - are beyond dull. I really don't get it.
Metallica - Justice for all is better than Master of puppets - to be fair its only by a short hair and on any day those toe could change places.
Primordial - the more recent stuff is great, the early stuff, not so much.
Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy and Never say die are perfectly fine albums.
Rush - instead of wasting time trying to decide what is their best album just listen to it all!!  Its  all good!

right that should do for now. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The lead playing on Pleasure To Kill makes some tracks near-unlistenable. Im all for chaotic solos but most of these are just plain shit.

Spandex.  What the fuck! Watching Maiden live from 81 and it feels like being stuck behind sunday cyclists! Horrendous.

Defo should have cracked one out beforehand...

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 17, 2019, 12:30:57 AM
Defo should have cracked one out beforehand...

A hole is a hole, and tight is tight.

Maybe I've said too much...

Back to Seattle 89

I still like picture discs and have neither the ear nor the stereo to tell the difference between those and a black LP.