Gta5 is free for a week on Epic Games Store. Just for those of you on PC who don't have it yet.

Might give that a try,  Is it a sub based game or totally free bar buying ingame shite that you dont really need

Free, for keeps as far as I know, no sub. Not that interested my self 1) as I have an old machine that just about runs Fallout 4 and 2) my hard drive is getting a bit stuffed, and that game is a 90 GB download.

The in-game shite is exclusively for multiplayer (which is bollocks anyway). The single player is an epic 100 hour game.

Quote from: Nail_Bombed on May 16, 2020, 04:44:53 PM
Free, for keeps as far as I know, no sub. Not that interested my self 1) as I have an old machine that just about runs Fallout 4 and 2) my hard drive is getting a bit stuffed, and that game is a 90 GB download.

Downloaded the app and installing it atm.. yeah 90gb isn't an issue storage wise but im getting a message on it saying "due to high demand, bandwidth in your region is temporarily limited."  :abbath:

You're doing okay so - it broke the Epic store the other day :laugh:

Quote from: Ducky on May 16, 2020, 04:55:15 PM
The in-game shite is exclusively for multiplayer (which is bollocks anyway). The single player is an epic 100 hour game.

It's a fucking joke that Rockstar have refused to put anything into the single player version the past couple of years.

More Epic Game Store freebies - Civilization VI, the base game, is free for keeps right now. And the Platinum Edition, which has the DLC which is most relevant, is deep discounted from 79.99 to 39.99.

Finished FFVII Remake a few days ago, just going and finishing off some of the extra stuff now. I wonder if Remake mightn't be the most accurate title for it, because with the little changes here and there, and the way they could add up, is it possible the series is going to go the same way as Evangelion did with the Rebuild movies?

Great game though.

were you a fan of the original? I didn't buy it because i balked at 70 snots for the basic download and fuck it after all these years hopping off the original what's the rush

Just wondering if it achieves the same mood for anyone who buzzes off the old one

Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY edition is on sale for 5.99e on GOG.com for those interested. Never played through myself so now is the chance.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 27, 2020, 12:07:06 AM
were you a fan of the original? I didn't buy it because i balked at 70 snots for the basic download and fuck it after all these years hopping off the original what's the rush

Just wondering if it achieves the same mood for anyone who buzzes off the old one

Yep, huge fan of the original. I think it does get the mood, there's still some scenes you're waiting for from the original, and then when they happen, it's like, oh yeah. Couple of other friends have been playing it, and they love it too.  The new combat takes a bit of getting used to, and as I alluded to earlier, there are some deviations to the original plot, which get magnified as it goes on. One thing I wasn't sure about at the start was shoving Sephiroth in - (after all, if this was the original, he wouldn't even have made an appearance - first time we saw him in that was in Cloud's flashback in the Kalm inn) - but I can see why they did it.

Quote from: boozegeune on May 30, 2020, 06:48:54 PM
Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY edition is on sale for 5.99e on GOG.com for those interested. Never played through myself so now is the chance.

Great game... not been back to Oblivion for a while due to Skyrimmage.

Have been playing though Ion Fury the past while. Great fun old school build engine shooter in the vein of Duke 3D, Blood and Shadow Warrior.
Seeing names like Amid Evil, Project Warlock and Dusk pop up in the online discourse surrounding it. Any one here have any experience of them or similar?

Couldn't get into GTA at all. It was such a nightmare to install and just couldn't get into like I did in a the past. At least it was free