Yeah I heard they got some death metal people in for their "heavy metal choir".

I still flip flop a bit with the game, bit the soundtrack is seriously on point.

Going through final fantasy 8 remastered. Enjoying it more this time round than I did 20 years ago. The junction system is a little odd but I just set it to auto.

I think years ago I used GFs in all battles but now I'm making sure I draw magic more and have a healthy stash.

My favourite part of that game is getting the Ragnarok and going to the island for the ridiculously hard fights. Somewhat like the sunken plane in FF7 there are some awful bastards to be found there.

Are you going to play the remake at any stage? I don't see any talk of it around here. Then again, I haven't even seen 90% of the games that do get discussed here..

Quote from: astfgyl on April 05, 2020, 08:11:58 PM
My favourite part of that game is getting the Ragnarok and going to the island for the ridiculously hard fights. Somewhat like the sunken plane in FF7 there are some awful bastards to be found there.

Are you going to play the remake at any stage? I don't see any talk of it around here. Then again, I haven't even seen 90% of the games that do get discussed here..

And then just spamming Selphie's limit break til you get the "The End" attack.   :laugh:

Looking forward to the remake, but since Square's site decided to go down a couple of weeks ago just as I was paying for it, and then 30 seconds later being out of stock, and having to go back on the waiting list, God knows when I'll be getting it now.

Is the remake PS4 exclusive, right? Pity cause I've an Xbox one and switch. Also hear its only part of the original game so God knows when that will all come out.

I think it's a timed exclusive (similar to the deal Microsoft had with Square Enix for Rise of the Tomb Raider) and should pop up on other formats eventually (think the PS4 version of RotTR took over a year to appear).

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on April 05, 2020, 10:44:32 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on April 05, 2020, 08:11:58 PM

And then just spamming Selphie's limit break til you get the "The End" attack.   :laugh:

Looking forward to the remake, but since Square's site decided to go down a couple of weeks ago just as I was paying for it, and then 30 seconds later being out of stock, and having to go back on the waiting list, God knows when I'll be getting it now.

I never really learn any of the tricks for getting through these fights so I'm always making it way harder on myself than it needs to be. That shit with the light going on and off took me ages to figure out and I kept getting done by dragon after dragon it was rough out. Does the remaster have the built in cheats like the ps4 version of ff7? I suppose that would remove a lot of the difficulty.

I was going to preorder the remake off amazon but the delivery date was estimated at 1- 2 weeks after release so now I will probably buy the digital on release day, which goes against everything I believe in regarding ownership but sure fuck it

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on April 05, 2020, 10:44:40 PM
Is the remake PS4 exclusive, right? Pity cause I've an Xbox one and switch. Also hear its only part of the original game so God knows when that will all come out.

Yeah I do have a terrible feeling I will be forced to buy a ps5 and then a ps6 to ever get to the end of this remake

So obviously the stats you built up in the first part won't carry over to the next one!

I didn't even think of that. Worse again.

Maybe they will, there's been a few series that have read the old save file and adjusted some of the events in the newest installment.

Final Fantasy VII is probably still my favourite game of all time and I have zero interesting in playing the remake. It seems like they just spent years and years getting together the right people, technology and wherewithal and the end result is the first few hours of the game with Advent Children graphics and pointless tack ons to buff everything out (but we always wanted to tell more of a story with Biggs and Wedge, honest!). The hype and marketing for this has been such a marathon that I actually feel like I've seen the entire game now that it's out. The only parts that interest me are what they'll do after Midgar. The playable flashbacks, the world map, Costa Del Sol, the Gold Saucer side quests etc. Years away yet.

Seems like Square bit off more than they can chew. The reviews look decent now but you can already feel the disappointment brewing from the real obsessives. I'm going to be leaving the memories alone.

Funnily enough as hyped as I have been for this I have yet to pull the trigger on it. 70 quid for a download seems pretty excessive as well but I sort of feel a bit of what you are saying, too. The original is also probably my favourite ever and I would have preferred to get farther into the game rather than find out more about Biggs and Wedge and the inevitable more Zack story. I was most looking forward to the world map section of it. Barrett's voice acting is preposterous as well.

Installing Fallout 76 as we speak. I feel a bit dirty, but the combination of self isolation and the new Wastelanders update have won me over. I'll take a new map to explore and human NPCs with New Vegas style dialogue trees in exchange for all manner of macabre bugs and glitches. 

I downloaded Civ 6 and Gran Turismo to keep me occupied in the evenings, can't say I'm getting a great deal of joy from either. The last game I really enjoyed was 'Sleeping Dogs' on the XBOX 360, which I've since gotten rid of for a PS4.

Red Dead Redemption 2 worth a look? I liked the GTA games.