Quote from: Emphyrio on April 08, 2019, 11:06:27 AM
I've to do my hall, stairs and landing over Easter. I'm seriously thinking of getting someone to do it. That bit above the stairs where you need a ladder is just too much of a cunt.

I'm all about doing what I can myself around the place. I renovated most of our house myself when we bought it going back a few years.

Never, ever, ever again will I paint my place. Broke my balls. Back bursting from painting ceilings, knees on fire from doing skirting boards. A friend of the father-in-law is a painter/decorator. Got him in to do it. Did the house inside and out immaculately in the time it would have taken me to mask it off and lay down dust rags.

If you have the cash, get someone to do it. Fuck that. Life's too short.

Funny you shouldreply today.  Had a fella over a coupla days ago, he came back with a quote today. Hall, stairs, landing and upstairs ceiling. He'll take care of supplies. €420. I've painted every inch of the place so far, it's just the thought of doing the high bit above the stairwell that I could do without the hassle of doing, but I was hoping maybe €200. Or if he included supplies 250 to 270. But jaysus, 400 odd quid... I dunno, think I'll do the fuckin thing myself.

Quote from: Emphyrio on April 12, 2019, 06:01:28 PM
Funny you shouldreply today.  Had a fella over a coupla days ago, he came back with a quote today. Hall, stairs, landing and upstairs ceiling. He'll take care of supplies. €420. I've painted every inch of the place so far, it's just the thought of doing the high bit above the stairwell that I could do without the hassle of doing, but I was hoping maybe €200. Or if he included supplies 250 to 270. But jaysus, 400 odd quid... I dunno, think I'll do the fuckin thing myself.
Bid him down lad. Get the paint, etc. yourself.
€200 is plenty for his labour.

If your hall is anything like mine, you'd do well to buy paint  fillers, varnish etc for 200 euro. 10 litres of paint for my kitchen/utility was 110 euro for the walls alone.

People spelling their kids name different to the actual spelling to make it "unique". Fuck right off

We have a kid on the way and it's gas,  you never realise which names you like/dislike until you have to think of one,  but I agree,  quirky and 'unique' names are a bit cringey and seem only to serve the parent's ego.  We are going the traditional route.  Our son will be Cerruti Psoriasis Paprika Lord Vestibule McGyver Cunningham de Dios.

Vinyl records which don't have a clear mark of which side is which. While we're at it, I also hate it when there's nothing to identify if it's 33 or 45rpm. Try listening to a band like Sunn O))) and figuring out if it's the right speed or not.

A serious pain in the hole for 7s.  New lps with sleeves too tight  another annoyance.

Got my phone bill and had a charge of an extra €19. Turns out I got scammed when ringing Revenue (code for Russian brazzers) blast week and went through a connection service rather than direct to the Tax Office.  Cunts!!

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 16, 2019, 03:33:37 PM
Got my phone bill and had a charge of an extra €19. Turns out I got scammed when ringing Revenue (code for Russian brazzers) blast week and went through a connection service rather than direct to the Tax Office.  Cunts!!

Cunty antics  :abbath:

That's fucking disgraceful.

Unnecessary Double LPs for albums less than an hour. I've a DLP of Like an Everflowing stream for fuck sake, I know it's my own fault for buying it but didn't really think about it at the time. 

Really, anything longer than 22 minutes one one side of a 12" is a bit of a squeeze where quality starts to suffer.