Haven't seen a thread for this either. Anyone going?

Anyone know of any buses going from the city centre out to Marley Park or what is the best way to get out there?

The 16, 116 and 161 Dublin Bus routes serve the Grange Road entrances of Marlay Park. The 14 and 75 serve the Ballinteer shopping centre, which is around 20 minutes' walk. The closest Luas stops are Ballaly and Dundrum on the Green Line but are around a half hour walk from the venue. No shortage of tickets on adverts.ie selling well under cost price for anyone wanting to bypass the odious Ticketmaster.

It is the reunited GNR or it it Axl N' Chums?

Reunited. Duff, Slash etc have been back in the band for 6 or 7 years now.

Saw them here bout 4 years ago, ticket was a present as I don't think I'd have forked out the asking fee myself. BUT it was deadly, played for near enough to three hours, Slash on blazing form. Definitely worth a shot imo.

Quote from: mickO))) on June 20, 2022, 08:05:42 PM

Oh right. I figured that they had just reformed for that massive tour, grabbed the cash and went their separate ways again.

Duff and Slash have records out in the time since that tour. Wonder if GNR are working on anything?

They released 2. tracks recently, Absurd and Hard Skool. Both poor imo. Think this will be my 4th time seeing them. Can't wait.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on June 21, 2022, 11:40:48 AM
Quote from: mickO))) on June 20, 2022, 08:05:42 PM

Oh right. I figured that they had just reformed for that massive tour, grabbed the cash and went their separate ways again.

Duff and Slash have records out in the time since that tour. Wonder if GNR are working on anything?

Next week will be my 5th time seeing them. Have never seen them in Ireland before and only seen them once pre Slashes return. The 2006 gig was shite but the other 3 times I saw them it was great. I only noticed last night that they had released the 2 new songs mentioned above so I haven't heard them yet.

Never saw them inIreland but saw them in 2006 and thought they sucked although there was no slash or duff, his voice doesnt sound great these days either.
I managed to get a free ticket to them next month so will check them out.

Quote from: Emphyrio on June 21, 2022, 12:44:08 PM
They released 2. tracks recently, Absurd and Hard Skool. Both poor imo. Think this will be my 4th time seeing them. Can't wait.

Both written during Chinese Democracy sessions tells its own story. I never even heard about this gig coming up

Friend of mine working in the airport said they are due in this afternoon. Crew of 60 people.

Marley Park seems to be a pain in the ass to get too. Looked up the buses recommended eaelier on here none of them seem to go near the city centre and someone running shuttle buses out to Marley park for the gig but it's €18, my train up to Dublin doesn't even cost that much + I have a lift home don't need a return but they won't sell single tickets.

Anyone an idea of stage times? My mate who is coming with me is a tight cunt and won't even take the half day so will be 5 or 6 before we even get to Dublin and looks like its gonna be a 2-3 hour set.

They were great. Were suppose to be on at 7 so we thought grand time for two last bottles outside no way Axl will be out before half 7. Got in at 7.10 and they were already on the third song.

I saw they had Coma on the set list.
How was that'?