Great show, but Axl's voice has gotten very poor over the last 5 years or so. Some bits he can hit, but a lot of high parts sounded like what you'd get if you ordered King Diamond on Wish. Gotta give him 10 out of 10 for enthusiasm though.

Slash on form, the other lad on guitar can fairly solo too.

Nice bit of a sunset and the visuals on screen were class.

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed Sweet Child, despite skipping it every time it has played through my speakers over the last 15 years or so!

Agreed with all that. Great set and they were bang on form.

On Sweet Child....was talking to one of the lads and we agreed it's one of the best rock songs really, once you get past it being overly played and every ape going mad for it. Still wouldn't listen to it at home or anything.

Getting back into town after was a fuckin nightmare.

I thought the sound was a bit muddy, small complaint really. The band were great and there was a really good buzz around.  I have to say I was very surprised they started on time considering axles track record with shows. Maybe he has gone soft with age ha ha

I'd imagine that there are penalties written into their contrects these days, in the event that they start late.

I'd say the penalties would only be if they go passed the curfew.

I think it has more to do with Slashes return. One of the many reasons he left in the 90's was because of Axl always coming on stage late. Seems like Marley Park has been a nightmare for gigs this week. Luckily this was the only one I was interested in and I didn't experience any of the issues that went on at the other shows.

They were back to their old tricks last night in London, an hour and a half late and Axl's voice packed up halfway through the set which he apologized for. Have to say before it packed up he sounded a lot better than the mickey mouse impressions you hear on you tube.
Slash is an incredible guitarist to watch live.

Marley Park is a terrible place for a gig.