The band never disappoint. New album sounds killer.

#16 August 25, 2022, 09:11:06 AM Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 09:23:40 AM by Eoin McLove
LP arrived a couple of days ago and I finally had a chance to listen to it while reading the lyrics (albeit only the first two songs). I was sceptical when I heard they were doing a concept album. They contributed to 'Coven' by Cultes des Ghoules so I was afraid they might have switched from being leaders to followers in a way. My fears were immediately swept away as I read along to the songs. The lyrics are great, the concept seems sound to me and Nameless Void's evil enunciation brings it all to life really well. Having a close look at the artwork reveals some tasty details too. I have been listening to the CD for the past few weeks in the car so it was a pleasant surprise to find that understanding the lyrics markedly enhanced the whole experience. The production is so good as well. Riffs, leads, drums... the works. It's savage.

Edit. Saturday night supping a few gentle cans of the black stuff while getting stuck into this and 'Coven' sounds like a good idea  8)

It's much more than I expected. The drums in particular sound massive. It's been on most days since release. Interesting interview here about how it all came together if ye haven't read it before:

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2022/03/30/negative-plane-the-pact-interview/

I did. But I might just read it again  8)

It's a truly amazing album. Another 10/10 from them and makes a holy show of Coven.

Coven is great and an entirely different experience.

Got my first listen through the full album on vinyl last night and its class. Great to sit down and read through the lyrics and really become immersed in it!

Quote from: open face surgery on August 25, 2022, 05:04:00 PMIt's a truly amazing album. Another 10/10 from them and makes a holy show of Coven.

Would have to disagree Coven was a great album and the only modern one I can think of with this type of story / play concept.

The NP album is good but I am hoping it will get better like the previous two with repeated listens as it hasn't amazed me so far like it seems to have for a lot of other people. A lot of parts on the album sound like they could of been outtakes from the Jilemnický okultista.

My copy just landed there, wont' get time to really sit down with it til nearer the weekend but man, the booklet alone is fantastic!

Same, dying to give it a proper spin. I've only been listening on YouTube but to me it's the best NP album yet. Gets better with every listen.

It's not better than Stained Glass Rev for me but it is very, very good
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

DHL assures me mine will arrive next week. Gah! Hurry up!  :abbath:

Just cos I was talking to Marc about it.. do we all know about the book?

As in..this book
https://www.instagram.com/p/ChEramxN8m8/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

#29 September 02, 2022, 09:13:33 AM Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 09:15:16 AM by mickO)))
Be very wary of buying from Mount Abraxas the guy behind it is a swindler. Myself and many others got fucked around by him last year with those 2 Paysage d'Hiver books he released. Kept getting excuse after excuse as to why books didn't ship last year and eventually after months had to hound him for a refund. They guy lives in Romania but only takes payment in USD so of course ended up losing money on the refund as if not getting what I had originally ordered wasn't bad enough. Saw on ROD others had the same issue think it was discussed in the Paysage thread on there.