I'm revisiting the excellent Argus debut. I somehow haven't put these lads on in God knows how long and it feels good to reacquaint myself with their terrific, classy doom/ heavy metal. Musically the band shines so strongly but without the powerhouse vocals of Butch they wouldn't be the upper tier band they are. His voice is so strong. Forceful with a great ear for a melody and invested with passion and emotion. Kind of a perfect doom vocalist in that regard. Fuck, I forgot how much I liked this band. They were savage live when they played Dublin some years ago too. Simply a force of nature.

Hail!

The debut never grabbed me but all their other material is top tier. To echo Mr McLove, the vocals are so distinctive and powerful, and even better live. Really sets them apart from a lot of bands on Cruz Del Sur and heavy metal of the last 20 years in general.

That gig in the Pint was phenomenal, and the Black Rose cover sent the place fucking mental  :laugh:

Savage vocalist. A certain Co Kildare labour councillor going on and on and on about them was the only reason I gave them a listen. He wasn't far wrong.