Gramschap has announced the release of the debut Forbidden Temple album, 'Into the Black Pentagram', for the end of the year. I have a few of the demos and the split with Ultima Thule and I really like what they are doing. There was some doubt around whether they'd actually release an album or just continue with demos so this comes as good news to me.

https://www.gramschap.com/

Step Into the Black Pentagram has just been released on CD and tape. Going to fire in an order. And just to be extra awkward the band have self- released a new demo today as well  :laugh:

Preview track is great. Will pick up an LP if and when they surface.

Yeah it sounds good to me. Put me in mind of the Diabolical Fullmoon record from last year so I stuck that on earlier for the first time in a while. Great little album.

Must give that another lash. Found the vocals grating after a while of I remember correctly.

No, wasn't this. This is great. Was it released on vinyl?

Defo no issue with the vocals. I don't think it's been released on vinyl yet.

I got the 'Step Into the Black Pentagram' LP in the post last night and I'm giving it a spin now. With this kind of raw filthy BM it seems a bit pointless to compare the CD and vinyl quality- it sounds equally brutish on both formats  ;D

The minimal cover looks cool to me but there's not much to discuss on that front either! It is what it is. I'm looking forward to listening to this back to back with the MoX and Perverted Ceremony albums as it fits with what those bands are doing, despite each band having their own take on the format.

I have the Demo II/ Pact With Evil LP on and it amuses me that the artwork  is so much more lavish than the full length while the sound on these demos is raw as absolute fuck. It's interesting to compare the second demo from 2017 with a more recent one (last year I think) and hearing the progression they have made in song writing. They haven't really altered things much but they have become incrementally more sophisticated. Very incrementally....