August 26, 2021, 01:08:37 PM Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 01:11:35 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
You'll never believe what I heard down at the hairdressers this morning!

https://loudwire.com/alleged-leaked-chat-gloryhammer-misogynists-racists/

Honestly don't think I've ever even heard of Gloryhammer. I presume they're gimmicky garbage, but since this is an Irish metal forum, and since Alestorm's Gaz and Elliott are/were pretty integral parts of the Irish metal scene back in the day, sure have a birra scandal. The lads must be absolute gombeens, they have to be at least in their mid-30s but talking like retarded frat boys.

Edit: The full chat exchange the article refers to is at the bottom of the page, just have to scroll down.

Gloryhammer are great, a total pisstake of all the power metal clichés but with cracking music

If those screenshots are real though that's the end of them and Alestorm, no way any label would touch either band now

Maybe get together with Iced Earth..?

But sure did Hulk Hogan drop a few N bombs and he still got back for a few appearances for the WWE

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on August 26, 2021, 05:46:29 PM
Maybe get together with Iced Earth..?

But sure did Hulk Hogan drop a few N bombs and he still got back for a few appearances for the WWE
What's an N bomb? Spell it out for us......?

#5 August 26, 2021, 10:35:44 PM Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 11:51:12 PM by Eoin McLove
It may well be tongue in cheek humour among friends and it was being said in a closed group, but Jaysus, they look like awful spas. Around the World in 80 Lays has been cancelled!

I can't wait for the grovelling apology  :laugh:

#6 August 27, 2021, 12:28:09 AM Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 12:30:18 AM by Anton Arcane
I don't know. I'm sure they are all horrible cunts but like the recent trial and execution of Dave Ellefson, it's another reminder of the strange times we live in. Gloryhammer said a few bold words in a private forum and one of them is a really shit boyfriend. Is that really a reason to shoot them into space? Is it even relevant? Are the tabloid metal sites and social media mobs going to decide that we're only allowed to like good boy bands that never do anything wrong?

Quote from: Anton Arcane on August 27, 2021, 12:28:09 AM
I don't know. I'm sure they are all horrible cunts but like the recent trial and execution of Dave Ellefson, it's another reminder of the strange times we live in. Gloryhammer said a few bold words in a private forum and one of them is a really shit boyfriend. Is that really a reason to shoot them into space? Is it even relevant? Are the tabloid metal sites and social media mobs going to decide that we're only allowed to like good boy bands that never do anything wrong?

Trial by social media always reeks of shit and personally I have no problem listening to music made by people who I disagree with. I'll be keeping my signed Gloryhammer LPs is what I'm saying.

Dave Mustaine has executed people for less in the past, so, I don't think that part is a sign of the times. The fact that you can't trust anyone with anything you do online, that is a sign of our strange times. If the screen grabs are legit, then it seems kinda probable that they've been shared due to bad blood somewhere, and sharing those screen grabs is definitely on a level of "Fuck you, I've decided your professional life is over!" comparable to what happened to Ellefson. And, again, similar to Ellefson, it's not so much that they're not "good boys" as that what they've been caught doing is more embarrassing than it is any kind of "cool", street-cred worthy "bad boy" behavior. Cringe-worthy stuff in both cases for men of their respective ages. But on the other hand, Inquisition's last album is selling really well, so...

Is that really a reason to shoot them into space? Is it even relevant?

I don't think it's relevant at all. A few lads talking shite in their private conversation should be none of our business.

It would be different if they were being exposed as rapists  or engaging in some sort of horrendously dangerous criminal activity.... but it appears to be just an unfortunate aphrodisiac for the media horn.

Funny how these screenshots only came out after Winkler got the chop. Of course, the fact Gloryhammer haven't immediately condemened them is just more ammunition for the masses - though you get the impression if they did claim they were fake, they'd still be accused of lying.

Anyways, Angus McFife XIII died at the end of the last album, and unlike Zargothrax, there was no mention of any clones to replace him...  ::)

Is it just me or is it odd that one of the lads in a WhatsApp group for a band that he's in uses a pro-shot stage photo of himself as his profile pic?

Are Alestorm huge or something? I have heard the name and half a song - something about Morgan Spiced and Coke or some shit.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on August 27, 2021, 12:52:02 PM
Is it just me or is it odd that one of the lads in a WhatsApp group for a band that he's in uses a pro-shot stage photo of himself as his profile pic?

Are Alestorm huge or something? I have heard the name and half a song - something about Morgan Spiced and Coke or some shit.

Yup,
Alestorm are quite big, their logo is quite close to the top of the festival line ups.

Quote from: warhead on August 27, 2021, 01:06:22 PM
Quote from: StoutAndAle on August 27, 2021, 12:52:02 PM

Yup,
Alestorm are quite big, their logo is quite close to the top of the festival line ups.

I wonder if that will change?

Has Mel Gibson been forgiven yet? Was he not recorded saying his ex wife would be raped by blacks?