Damn, how have I never checked these guys out before? I've seen the name mentioned here and there over the years but have only just decided to give them a listen this evening. It's great stuff. Epic hard rock/ heavy metal to my ear with really cool vocals. It took me a little while to put my finger on who he reminded me of, but then it came to me- James from Terminus! There's a similarity in tone here and there and maybe a slight similarity in how he composes his melodies. I'm a big fan of James's singing so naturally the Quicksand Dream dude's vocals are hitting the spot. Looking forward to working through their back catalogue  8)

https://youtu.be/ICDMhv1fJNQ

I really liked the first album. Quirky heavy metal but the second one did nothing for me.

Aelin is a cool album but the guitar sound on it is terrible. Way too weak sounding. Great lyrics and songs though. Outcast - Outcast EP is well worth picking up in a similar style.

#3 August 10, 2021, 10:37:43 PM Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 11:21:58 PM by Eoin McLove
I don't mind the weak production or the general quirkiness. In fact, that all appeals to me. I listened to a song off the first album and it sounds incredible. I think I'll have a job hunting down a copy of the CD though.

Various similarities (I won't say influences because who knows) that jumped out to me while listening to them were Dark Quarterer (although much catchier and easy on the ear for me), Ashbury, Orodruin and Pagan Altar (in some of the guitar playing perhaps).

Just grabbed a copy of 'Aelin...' off discogs from a seller in Oz for under €12 with postage! I was positive I would have to pay an arm and a leg for it.  8)

CD arrived today and it looks like it was never played. Perfect nick. Sounds great to me even if, as mentioned above, the production is on the budget side of things. Another influence jumping out at me is Thin Lizzy, and by extension, Corsair.

I really like 'Beheaded Tyrant' as well, from the couple of listens I've given to it. It's perhaps a bit more refined in terms of song craft. Both are pretty savage to my ear so I'll have to pick up BT soon.