Quote from: Carnage on April 16, 2021, 03:12:10 PM
Is there a decent android app for playing music - one that cuts out gaps between tracks, specifically. I have an Ipod alright but the bluetooth adaptor eats the battery, be good to have a decent back up.
VLC possibly.  I don't notice gaps on it unless it's going bluetooth to the car (which puts a fuckin stall on everything regardless of app or device connected) but everything else seems to be gapless.

Sound, I'll give it a go. I have it in my laptop for video, never use it for music. I need to get an SD card, now that I think of it, mine's corrupted.

I have a rip of Winamp there from years back that I used to use for my library but now I just drag folders into VLC when on the computer or listen off Bandcamp (depending).  VLC on the phone is quite good and pretty lightweight.

I use Foobar 2000 on both PC and the phone. Its the best player I've ever used.

Here is the set up I've been using:

https://youtu.be/iA3CT2zNs4E

Is there a decent android app for playing music - one that cuts out gaps between tracks, specifically. I have an Ipod alright but the bluetooth adaptor eats the battery, be good to have a decent back up.

Black Player is pretty good on Android, has gapless playback too.

It's got a few superfluous features locked behind a paid-for version, but you wouldn't miss them.

I'll check those out when I get sorted with an SD card, sound lads.

To some extent it is outdated you have a near infinite amount of music at your fingertips online nowadays and around the world which is also immediately available from it's release. What I'd wonder is how it affects music as an industry which was once based on the physical sale of records CDs tape etc. I suppose the blank cassette already damaged it earlier but more than likely it's still gonna be very important for labels etc to stay afloat. I guess the whole fashion trends and promotion of groups also comes into play when music is looked at from a more comercial perspective.

I still buy physical formats but I'm also increasingly comfortable with digital. If something is sold out or hard to get I might just buy the digital version and I can put nearly a thosand albums on a digital audio player I have that sounds decent and is about the size of a cassette.

I had a lad at work refer to records as big CDs during the week.

I hope you showed him pictures of Laser Discs with a Crocodile Dundee "you call that a big CD? Now that's a big CD"

Quote from: Ducky on April 18, 2021, 11:12:18 PM

It's got a few superfluous features locked behind a paid-for version, but you wouldn't miss them.

Just got an SD card and gave Black Player a spin, seems decent enough at first glance. Just threw a few albums on it there and so far so good. Gonna take ages to load up the phone though, solid state is great and all but slow as fuck to write. 256 Gb card so at least I'll have plenty of options.

Quote from: Ducky on April 18, 2021, 11:12:18 PM

I got black player the other day as my Ipod is fecked. It doesn't seem to let me put music I downloaded from torrent etc, but music I have from bandcamp and download cards with vinyl transfer across no bother. Any ideas lads?

Try renaming the folders, I had a similar issue (with the remastered Metallica albums in particular, other stuff was fine) and that seemed to work, for some reason.

I would love to have more physical versions but I unfortunately don't have the space.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat